Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ethernet Cables

Quote Originally Posted by nonesup View Post
    When they talk about grounding the router or switch, they refer to something like connecting them to a device like Entreq? I'm really interested in this point
    Im glad you have asked this i am wondering the exact same thing
    Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple

He is talking about AC grounding the Router. Most routers come with a wall wart, where I use an AC Grounded linear supply to run mine. This simply means that electrically, the outer sleeve of the barrel connector that provides power to the router is tied to the AC Ground of the power circuit at the wall outlet somehow.

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best!
    Quote Originally Posted by paul79 View Post
    He is talking about AC grounding the Router. Most routers come with a wall wart, where I use an AC Grounded linear supply to run mine. This simply means that electrically, the outer sleeve of the barrel connector that provides power to the router is tied to the AC Ground of the power circuit at the wall outlet somehow.
    Iíve got a switch between my router and my dac feed .... would I power that switch with an AC Grounded linear supply?
    Preamps: ADA Reference (multichannel); VTL 7.5 II (two channel)
    Digital: MSB Transport+ Platinum V DAC. Core Audio + MicroRendu streaming; Roon+HQP+FabFilter/Acourate; Trinnov (multichannel)
    Speakers: PRO Audio Technology 2115sm across fronts; 4x 18" PRO subs; 11.4 overall
    Room: Design by Dennis Erskine and Keith Yates. Extensive use of RPG custom bass traps
    Power: Richard Gray 20A UPS and isolation transformer. Triton/Typhon and Sound Application. Shunyata Sigma

AC Ground all network equipment that has to do with your audio system if you can. However, whatever component that is connected to your DAC or Server is most important with regards to AC Grounding.

Quote Originally Posted by nonesup View Post
    When they talk about grounding the router or switch, they refer to something like connecting them to a device like Entreq? I'm really interested in this point
    Quote Originally Posted by trev View Post
    Im glad you have asked this i am wondering the exact same thing
    I have previously used an entreq silver minimus on my router to good effect. You can however achieve much the same result at a dramatically lower cost by building yourself an X-Terminator shorting plug as I mentioned earlier in this thread. There is a ‘recipe’ on the link below which will need to be autotranslated in Google Chrome or similar and I used Takman metal film resistors directly into a Telegartner rj45 plug. I also found that just one shorting plug per router was optimal otherwise the sound became overly damped.

http://kanaimaru.com/NWA840/005.htm
    Owner www.sablonaudio.com, PF & 6M award winning custom audio cables

Dealer for SGM Music Server

Who is this Kanai?

Quote Originally Posted by jeromelang View Post
    Who is this Kanai?
    He is a Sony engineer.
    Owner www.sablonaudio.com, PF & 6M award winning custom audio cables

Dealer for SGM Music Server

Thanks for your information. I have an Aqvox switch connected with an Entreq Apollo Infinity RJ45 cable to an Entreq Silver Minimus. The energy is delivered by an LPS manufactured by Kenneth Lau. However, this LPS does not have its chassis grounded. The only way I know how to connect it to the ground is through a cable to an Entreq type box. I do not know if Paul79 was explaining another system, because frankly this time Google translate did not do a good job and I did not understand his explanation well.
    Amazon 1 / Morch DP6- 12" / Air Tight PC1 / Audio Research PH-7 /Lumin A1 + Kenneth Lau LPSU /Melco N1ZH60-2 / Audio Research Ref 5 SE /Constellation Inspiration 1.0 Stereo / Rockport Atria I / MIT Magnum MA and Neutral Cables/AudioQuest Diamond RJ45 Cables / Shunyata Denali 6000 T / Isotek and Shunyata Power Cables /Kenneth Lau LPSU for Aqvox Switch / Stillpoints Ultra SS / Entreq Silver product

What did I say that you cannot understand?

Addicted to Best!
    Quote Originally Posted by Brucemck2 View Post
    Iíve got a switch between my router and my dac feed .... would I power that switch with an AC Grounded linear supply?
    Yes, with earth ground connected to DC-common, not just chassis earth-grounded.

Steve N.
    Empirical Audio

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast