Ethernet Cables

nonesup

VIP/Donor
Feb 15, 2017
Spain
What did I say that you cannot understand?

I have reread your message.
What do you mean, is that the cable that goes from the wall to the LPS, is a cable with three connectors: Active, Neutral and Earth?

paul79

Nov 2, 2014
OK, USA
www.manymoonsaudio.com
Simply put, and as previously mentioned, the DC Common of the power connector (outer sleeve) for the Router needs to be connected to the AC Ground of the wall (earth) somehow.

nonesup

VIP/Donor
Feb 15, 2017
Spain
Simply put, and as previously mentioned, the DC Common of the power connector (outer sleeve) for the Router needs to be connected to the AC Ground of the wall (earth) somehow.

Ok, now I think I have understood the translation of your communication. In this case there is no problem, the LPS of the Aqvox is connected to a Shunyata Denali 6000 with a cable Shunyata Alfa NR. Also as I mentioned, the Aqvox is linked to a box entreq with an RJ45 cable, so double connection to ground.

AJR

Feb 12, 2018
So... I tested the AQ Cinnamon and Vodka ethernet cables today against my bog standard ethernet cables. One from wall to router, one from router to NAS and one from router to Lumin. Gryphon, Lumin and NAS plugged into an AQ Niagara 5000 using AQ Tornado PCs. I blind tested all 3 ethernet cables multiple times listening to the same track and picked the bog standard cable each time. I picked the more expensive Vodka more times than not but not every time. A noticeable improvement in SQ when going from bog standard to either AQ - more clarity and the music seemed to hang together a little more/more ‘musical’. Tougher to pick the difference between the two AQ cables.

jeromelang

Dec 26, 2011
Must be Takashi Kanai then.

Empirical Audio

Industry Expert
Oct 12, 2017
Great Pacific Northwest
www.empiricalaudio.com

Sablon Audio

Industry Expert, VIP Donor
May 22, 2015

mribob

May 8, 2017
Agoura, CA
I was going to purchase Wireworld Ethernet from Jack to router, if you need someone to compare vs standard, I am game. New Sinology Nas, with 4 2tb SSD, to dCS bridge, to Vivaldi 2.2 Dac.
Thanks,
Bob Princenthal
Agoura, Ca USA

Sablon Audio

Industry Expert, VIP Donor
May 22, 2015
I was going to purchase Wireworld Ethernet from Jack to router, if you need someone to compare vs standard, I am game. New Sinology Nas, with 4 2tb SSD, to dCS bridge, to Vivaldi 2.2 Dac.
Thanks,
Bob Princenthal
Agoura, Ca USA

Thanks Bob and PM sent

barrows

Jun 28, 2012
Boulder, CO
I prefer Blue Jeans CAT 6A. This cable is made with Belden bonded pair construction, meaning the twisted pairs are bonded together to make sure their geometry remains constant. it also has a floating shield, which allows for some shielding without the possibility of creating ground loops. I avoid shielded Ethernet cables which have metal shelled connectors at the ends, as the cables defeat the isolation inherent in Ethernet transmission in the first place.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing