the new Phantom have 1200w
and i guess some improvements compare to the old model

LS50 Wireless getting great reviews

what do you think?

maybe other options also?

Thanks

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011
Kef more refined. Phantom Gold more powerful and "party" oriented. Both fun speakers, but Kef is more audiophile ad I imagine that is what you want for the bedroom.

pelo911

Nov 21, 2013
Houston , Texas - USA
i have Focal Maestro in the living room , don't like the sound :(

i talking about the phantom elevate , new model
cost $1690 (not pair of them)
compare to LS50 Wireless

asiufy

Industry Expert/VIP Donor
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
Phantom Gold, for sure.

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011
I like the Phantom Gold, but the KEF is a LOT more refined in the MR/HF and what most would prefer for bedroom sound.

If it were for the Den, then perhaps the gold.

I have auditioned the White/Silver and Gold many times. Fun speaker but KEF wins for refinement....in my opinion.

daytona600

Sep 9, 2012
scotland
used LS3/5a in bedroom for 20years

DigDug

Aug 1, 2020
Anyone hear about a late 2020/2021 release of a new version of Kef LS50 Wireless? I am thinking about grabbing some, but they were released in 2016 and their 60th Anniversary is coming up in 2021...wondering about regret if new ones come out. Still very solif and meet my needs perfectly.

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011
No, they came out with a smaller wireless version about 2 years ago. The only thing I could imagine is a firmware update. Hardware is still current.

DigDug

Aug 1, 2020
No, they came out with a smaller wireless version about 2 years ago. The only thing I could imagine is a firmware update. Hardware is still current.

Cool, Thanks. I guess I was seeing how the LSX came out with Airplay 2 support (not crucial for me) and how the LS50w is only Bluetooth 4.0. Not important to me either as ethernet or wireless more important for me. But seeing where those were gave me pause. That and the fact that someone at Kef told me Airplay Support for LS50w isn't coming due to a hardware issue.

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
We just received the new Kef wireless and set them up in our office yesterday. They are really impressive in technology and very good sounding speakers. They are perfect for an office or a bedroom. Very articulate speaker , lacks real deep bass of course but that IMO isn't required for a bedroom or office system however they do have a sub out if you want to add one.

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
Streaming Qobuz on them and they are quite good

howiebrou

Jun 29, 2012
Hi

the new Phantom have 1200w
and i guess some improvements compare to the old model

LS50 Wireless getting great reviews

what do you think?

maybe other options also?

Thanks
Don't discount Meridian. I have used them for many years and right now i have a pair of DSP5200SE in my office. A pair of 3200 would go nicely and they only need a cat5 connection.

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
Howie there is a HUGE difference in cost with that product nor does Meridian do what the KEF does all by itself. The Meridian I am sure will out preform the Kef but at a much higher price and will require additional gear as well. The KEF are all in one bi amped speakers with DAC and streaming capabilities right out of the box at 2500 a pair US. Tough to beat

howiebrou

Jun 29, 2012
Howie there is a HUGE difference in cost with that product nor does Meridian do what the KEF does all by itself. The Meridian I am sure will out preform the Kef but at a much higher price and will require additional gear as well. The KEF are all in one bi amped speakers with DAC and streaming capabilities right out of the box at 2500 a pair US. Tough to beat
True but there are good deals around for used Meridian and it's worth at least looking into them.

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
True but there are good deals around for used Meridian and it's worth at least looking into them.
yes but you do also need another piece of gear to make them work which the kef does not require that endpoint is 3k

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing