Tripoint Troy Elite - Installed

SuperDave

May 12, 2017
Texas
Feel free to ask any questions about the sound or grounding cables and I'll do my best to answer.

Dave

nonesup

VIP/Donor
Feb 15, 2017
Spain
Hi Dave. It really is just a matter of curiosity.
I am currently in the humblest world of Entreq, that is, I am a believer in the benefits of the ground. But it is true that the opinions so extraordinarily positive that many of you have of the Tripoint products, produce me more and more curiosity, and we all know that in this hobby of ours, you start by being curious about a product, then you have more curiosity about that product and at the end ......... financial crash (A few months ago I started to have "curiosity" about the new Shunyata products, and I ended up with a Denali 6000T, two Alfa NR and three Sigma NR .... My God)
After looking at several sites on the net, I have drawn the conclusion that the land products currently in production are:

Troy Signature, Troy Signature SE and Troy Elite.

Is this correct? And this would be important what is the MSRP of these three products?
Regards

SuperDave

May 12, 2017
Texas
Hi Dave. It really is just a matter of curiosity.
I am currently in the humblest world of Entreq, that is, I am a believer in the benefits of the ground. But it is true that the opinions so extraordinarily positive that many of you have of the Tripoint products, produce me more and more curiosity, and we all know that in this hobby of ours, you start by being curious about a product, then you have more curiosity about that product and at the end ......... financial crash (A few months ago I started to have "curiosity" about the new Shunyata products, and I ended up with a Denali 6000T, two Alfa NR and three Sigma NR .... My God)
After looking at several sites on the net, I have drawn the conclusion that the land products currently in production are:

Troy Signature, Troy Signature SE and Troy Elite.

Is this correct? And this would be important what is the MSRP of these three products?
Regards

Francisco,
Congrats on the new gear. I have not listened to Entreq but have read good things here and other places. I just recently purchased the Elite(Miguel's newest technology) and its MSRP is $39,500 USD. It's a substantial investment but after installing and listening to what the Elite does, I have no buyers remorse...none. I started out just curious as well and after a few phone calls to Miguel over the years and after speaking with a few Tripoint owners, it was just time to have one built. Interested to see where your curiosity takes you.

Dave

strapper211

Aug 6, 2013
Hi,
I just talked to Miguel yesterday and was told I should have my Elite by the last week of April.
It is a bit late,but he has had so much interest in Elite and the Emperor grounding cable that he has been
insanely busy filling orders.
I know it will be worth the wait,it is definitely a game changer.
Regards Robert

Audiocrack

Aug 10, 2012
Hi,
I just talked to Miguel yesterday and was told I should have my Elite by the last week of April.
It is a bit late,but he has had so much interest in Elite and the Emperor grounding cable that he has been
Regards Robert

That sounds very good, Robert, congrats. Looking forward to your findings. Hope you will inform us about your future experiences.

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
Hi,
Regards Robert

congrats Robert, welcome to the Elite Club.

SuperDave

May 12, 2017
Texas
Congrats Robert! From the looks of your signature, you will be connecting the Elite to some very nice gear. I'm interested to hear your impressions.

Dave

Last edited:

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
For the Elite Club members. If you one day find your sound a bit coarse and bland, go check the grounding cable. It must be accidentally disconnected somehow.

Tang

strapper211

Aug 6, 2013
Hi Fellas,
Thanks for the positive comments,I cannot wait to get it.
In Asia it is legendary already,will definitely keep the forum up to date on my findings.
Regards Robert

Esotar

VIP/Donor
Mar 27, 2016
South Korea
www.digituslabs.kr
Congratulations~!!

And I envy you~!

Tripoint Audio is not imported in Korea.

I have schedule to order this world-first grounding box set~!

Mike Lavigne

Apr 25, 2010
another Tripoint moment.....

this morning I was switching from my dart 458's to my Lamm ML3 Signatures (Jazdoc is maybe stopping by and he prefers the ML3's). switching the interconnects (from my EA zeels to the RCA's) is always a bit of a contortion challenge behind the gear rack......since I have to be able to pull off and twist the very heavy and stiff BNC's and then press hard on the RCA's to get proper snug fit. so i'm using some force. got it done and began the listening.

something was seriously missing somewhere. hummm?? I figured it was just a warm up thing.

finally 45 minutes later I noticed there was just a lack of flow, dimensionality, and textural nuance, I was not smiling......and so I started investigating closer and finally noticed my Tripoint Thor SE grounding cable (connected to the Tripoint Elite on my sources) had been knocked off my dart pre. I had been listening to digital and the other Thor was still connected to the MSB dac power supply and all the other connections were solid.

reconnected it and much, much better, and now 20 minutes later we are cooking again.

but that one cable was enough to really take away a significant degree of the magic. which is all about expectations and personal references.

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
I will be testing Kuro ground cables sometime next month. They are nowhere near expensive as Tripoint's. Will let you know how they are.

Kind regards,
Tang

Mike Lavigne

Apr 25, 2010
I will be testing Kuro ground cables sometime next month. They are nowhere near expensive as Tripoint's. Will let you know how they are.

Kind regards,
Tang

Dear Tang,

I will look for your feedback on how the Kuro's compare to the standard Tripoint ground cables. it would be good for their to be another alternative for a step up.

best regards,

Mike

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Dear Tang,

I will look for your feedback on how the Kuro's compare to the standard Tripoint ground cables. it would be good for their to be another alternative for a step up.

best regards,

Mike

+1

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Dave, LL21,

Please tell me exactly, step-by-step, how your Tripoint Elites are set-up.

What, exactly, is connected to what?

What goes into the wall outlet, what goes into the Tripoint Elite? Does the Tripoint Elite plug into the wall outlet and then you plug components into the Tripoint Elite?

Or does the Tripoint Elite function as the “star” in a “star” grounding type of system so do you add a wire from the ground lug of each component to a ground buss on the Tripoint Elite? Is it the Thor cables which connect component ground lugs to the Tripoint Elite?

Please start at Step 1 . . .

Mike Lavigne

Apr 25, 2010
Dave, LL21,

Please tell me exactly, step-by-step, how your Tripoint Elites are set-up.

What, exactly, is connected to what?

What goes into the wall outlet, what goes into the Tripoint Elite? Does the Tripoint Elite plug into the wall outlet and then you plug components into the Tripoint Elite?

Or does the Tripoint Elite function as the “star” in a “star” grounding type of system so do you add a wire from the ground lug of each component to a ground buss on the Tripoint Elite? Is it the Thor cables which connect component ground lugs to the Tripoint Elite?

Please start at Step 1 . . .

i'm not Dave or Lloyd, but here are some basics.

a Tripoint Elite is a chassis ground focused product. it is connected to the power grid ground with a dummy plug (+ and - pins are dead ended.....only the ground prong is connected) into a duplex outlet with a permanently attached power cord.

ideally you would use a grounding post to connect the grounding cable(s), but a chassis screw can also be used. in my situation I contacted darTZeel and Evolution Acoustics (and even VAC) to determine the best spot to attach a ground.

typically the most effected gear to ground would be a preamp, then phono stage or dac (or tape deck), and then an amplifier. Miguel recommends that the plug to the AC outlet is plugged into the same outlet as the preamp or the most significant gear attached to the Elite for optimal effect.

the more gear connected, the less 'goodness' given to each.....so more boxes more effect. things like arm boards, servers, turntables and power conditioners can benefit. footers/resonance control matter a lot. the processes happening inside grounding boxes are very effected by resonance. even mass loading the top of the Elite is said to matter.

there are 6 standard grounding cables that come with the Elite of various lengths. and there are the Thor SE Master Reference grounding cables (bought separately) which are much better. I use 2 of the Thor's (pre and dac w/Elite) in my system and plan to add a couple more for my amps (with my Troy Sig) when I can afford it.

and then there are the 'ultra-uber' grounding cables that Audiocrack refers to such as the Emperor which I have not heard.

Last edited:

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Hey Ron,

My own setup:

- Tripoint is plugged into the outlet NEXT to the outlet that feeds the Burmester 948 Power Conditioner (which connects Source and Pre)
- Tripoint has 3 lugs on the back. I have attached 5 cables to 2 of them, and 4 to the 3rd

- 1st Lug: CJ Chassis + Zanden x 4 Chassis...5 Tripoint cables (spade to spade)
- 2nd Lug: CJ + 4 Entreq Receivus (near/on top of Zanden, Gryphon)...Entreq Cables (1 RCA to spade for CJ, 4 x 1 spade to 2 spade...like a y-cable)
- 3rd Lug: 4 Entreq Receivus (near/on top of Zanden, Gryphon) (4 x 1 spade to 2 spade...y-cable)

The Tripoint then sits on top of Ultra 5s on top of HRS Nimbus Couplers...all on the lower shelf of the rack (4 inch thick birch) which sits on top of 1.5" of slate.

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
I understand! Thank you Mike and LL21! :)

Are the cables that connect the component ground lug to one of the three Tripoint chassis ground lugs any old wire (haha) or are those what the Thor cables connect?

Mike Lavigne

Apr 25, 2010
I understand! Thank you Mike and LL21! :)

Are the cables that connect the component ground lug to one of the three Tripoint chassis ground lugs any old wire (haha) or are those what the Thor cables connect?

in theory any piece of wire can be used as a ground connection between the chassis ground and the lugs on the rear of the Tripoint box. it can be bare wire, spades, or any type of connector....it can even be hard wired. I have not really extensively experimented with different cables from generic on up. however; on my Tripoint Troy Signature near my amps I do mix some Entreq ground cables (grounding my passive speaker towers) and the standard Tripoint cables and they work well. i'm sure there is many different levels of ground cable performance. I know Lloyd does mix ground cables of various sources.

there are a few WBF members who have all sorts of generic cables they use with their own grounding schemes with large copper bars and various set-ups. there are no rules when it comes to grounding. only results. do I think those approaches get into Tripoint performance territory? no I do not. but that is just my opinion.

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
in theory any piece of wire can be used as a ground connection between the chassis ground and the lugs on the rear of the Tripoint box. it can be bare wire, spades, or any type of connector....it can even be hard wired. I have not really extensively experimented with different cables from generic on up. however; on my Tripoint Troy Signature near my amps I do mix some Entreq ground cables (grounding my passive speaker towers) and the standard Tripoint cables and they work well. i'm sure there is many different levels of ground cable performance. I know Lloyd does mix ground cables of various sources.

there are a few WBF members who have all sorts of generic cables they use with their own grounding schemes with large copper bars and various set-ups. there are no rules when it comes to grounding. only results. do I think those approaches get into Tripoint performance territory? no I do not. but that is just my opinion.

Thank you, Mike! So in concept it is a "star-grounding" kind of thing, I think, but for chassis. And in this case the "star" nexus is the Tripoint, and not a ground buss on the electrical sub-panel. It sure is a prescription for a spider-web of wires!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing