Tripoint Troy Elite - Installed

SuperDave

May 12, 2017
Texas
Great Dave! When do you expect the ‘big snake’ in the house?

Rudolf,
Miguel said towards the end of June. The HD pre will go from the standard silver wire to the Emperor MKII.

Dave

Audiocrack

Aug 10, 2012
Rudolf,
Miguel said towards the end of June. The HD pre will go from the standard silver wire to the Emperor MKII.

Dave

It will be a (very) big leap forward, Dave, no doubt about that. Your Nagra pre (and through it your whole audio system) is going to sound as never before.

Please keep us posted as regards your ‘Anaconda’ experiences.

SuperDave

May 12, 2017
Texas
I wish I could try one (although better I don't:rolleyes:). bet it's amazing.

Mike,
I never planned on one but after moving around some equipment to fit the HD pre, I had to sacrifice one of the Thor SE cables because of its short length and replace it with the stock cable which is nice but I can't wait to hear the pre with the Emperor. Curious about break-in, all the Thor SE cables were well used by Rudolf and sounded great at first listen.

It will be a (very) big leap forward, Dave, no doubt about that. Your Nagra pre (and through it your whole audio system) is going to sound as never before.

Please keep us posted as regards your ‘Anaconda’ experiences.

Rudolf,
This pre has redefined how I listen to music. The classic pre that I used before IS still a reference piece of equipment IMO, but the HD is a different beast. I demoed it at a client of my dealers house that has similar but better sound, much better. We heard a number of tracks on the Classic pre and switched to the HD pre and heard the same tracks in reverse order. We all agreed that some of the tracks seemed like different music. For me, it was an awakening. Things I had read about in audio but never fully understood started to make sense. I can't wait to pair it with the Elite & Emperor MKii.

Dave

Audiocrack

Aug 10, 2012
Mike,
I never planned on one but after moving around some equipment to fit the HD pre, I had to sacrifice one of the Thor SE cables because of its short length and replace it with the stock cable which is nice but I can't wait to hear the pre with the Emperor. Curious about break-in, all the Thor SE cables were well used by Rudolf and sounded great at first listen.

Rudolf,
This pre has redefined how I listen to music. The classic pre that I used before IS still a reference piece of equipment IMO, but the HD is a different beast. I demoed it at a client of my dealers house that has similar but better sound, much better. We heard a number of tracks on the Classic pre and switched to the HD pre and heard the same tracks in reverse order. We all agreed that some of the tracks seemed like different music. For me, it was an awakening. Things I had read about in audio but never fully understood started to make sense. I can't wait to pair it with the Elite & Emperor MKii.

Dave

A preamp/linestage is the heart of every audio system, so I am not surprised that your new Nagra pre HD has such a dramatic impact for the better. With the Tripoint Emperor mk ii ground cable this effect is going to astound you; this ground cable is way, way better than the Tripoint Thor se ground cable and in comparison to the Miguel’s ‘regular’ ground cables we are speaking of a completely different (audio) world. That is really no comparison at all.

It is going to be spectacular casu quo it is going to change your (audio) life for ever, Dave.

strapper211

Aug 6, 2013
Hi,
After having installed the Tripoint Elite for about 10 days now,all I can say is WOW!
It has brought so much to the table,I could not even think of unhooking it.
The involvement,natural timbre,transparency,dynamics,jump factor is all incredible.
To tell you the truth I have a very big problem turning it off.
After hearing this now I have my sights on a Emperor ground for the phono stage,Damn you Miguel
did you have to make these things such game changers.You are going to put me in the poor house.:eek:

Regards Robert:)

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Hi,
After having installed the Tripoint Elite for about 10 days now,all I can say is WOW!
The involvement,natural timbre,transparency,dynamics,jump factor is all incredible.
After hearing this now I have my sights on a Emperor ground for the phono stage,Damn you Miguel
did you have to make these things such game changers.You are going to put me in the poor house.:eek:

The delightful moment normally last no more than a month and like all things you get used to and become a new status quo..haha:D

Kind regards,
Tang

Audiocrack

Aug 10, 2012
Hi,

Well then, join me in the poor house and enjoy the ‘poor ride’. Combining the Troy elite with the new Emperor mk ii ground cable will unleash the full glory of the former. Poor but in audio nirvana, not that bad right?

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
The delightful moment normally last no more than a month and like all things you get used to and become a new status quo..haha:D

Kind regards,
Tang

Dear Tang,

true we do get use to it, but I think it's more we take it for granted......until......we are moving things around and accidently bump the Thor SE ground cable off the back of the dart pre...….and then can't understand for a few minutes what is wrong. we start to think why am I not feeling the music as before (not sure if it's my body or just my ears which is responding to what is missing), am I getting ill? maybe just tired? then ponder what it could be and start to think...….then look. ah ha! of course. we reconnect the Thor and the magic returns.

love those unintended blind testing moments.

cheers,

Mike

Last edited:

SuperDave

May 12, 2017
Texas
Dear Tang,

true we do get use to it, but I think it's more we take it for granted......until......we are moving things around and accidently bump the Thor SE ground cable off the back of the dart pre...….and then can't understand for a few minutes what is wrong. we start to think why am I not feeling the music as before (not sure if it's my body or just my ears which is responding to what is missing), am I getting ill? maybe just tired? then ponder what it could be and start to think...….then look. ah ha! of course. we reconnect the Thor and the magic returns.

cheers,

Mike

Classic! Anytime something is off, I start thinking maybe I have a sinus infection but after few days realize a Thor came off.

Robert,
I can't say I'm surprised! Everything you mentioned seems to be heard by all of us. I'm excited to get the Emperor cable to hear what it brings after having the Elite and Thor SE cables for some time. I'm happy to be a part of this group!

Dave

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Dear Tang,

cheers,

Mike

Dear Mike,

My cleaning lady at the office knocked off the ground cable a few times. So when my system sounds strange I check at the grounding cables first. Speaking of grounding cable. I had Emiliano of Kuro made a few for me to try. He is an artisan like Miguel. Frankly, I took a leap of faith and paid him so I could try. I would love to have the “anacondas” like Rudolf I am sure they are excellent as he said but 1) too expensive 2) too big and cumbersome. There should be some alternative that is worthy of to be used with this marvelous Elite magic box. So, once I have tried the Kuro ground cables, I will let you know how they are. If the are **** I will say they are ****. If they work, we all will have a way to spend less money on grounding cables. My expectation is not the same level as the “anaconda” which is probably top of the heap. I don’t have any other Tripoint cables except for the standard ones. I will use my Dalby Celestial to measure against.

Kindest regards,
Tang

DF01F772-046E-4BCE-AE08-699AC3835D95.jpeg

Hieukm

Oct 2, 2016
Dear Mike,

My cleaning lady at the office knocked off the ground cable a few times. So when my system sounds strange I check at the grounding cables first. Speaking of grounding cable. I had Emiliano of Kuro made a few for me to try. He is an artisan like Miguel. Frankly, I took a leap of faith and paid him so I could try. I would love to have the “anacondas” like Rudolf I am sure they are excellent as he said but 1) too expensive 2) too big and cumbersome. There should be some alternative that is worthy of to be used with this marvelous Elite magic box. So, once I have tried the Kuro ground cables, I will let you know how they are. If the are **** I will say they are ****. If they work, we all will have a way to spend less money on grounding cables. My expectation is not the same level as the “anaconda” which is probably top of the heap. I don’t have any other Tripoint cables except for the standard ones. I will use my Dalby Celestial to measure against.

Kindest regards,
Tang

View attachment 41545

I also took a leaf of faith a paid for 3 Kuro ground cable to compare against my Tripoint standard as well. Hopefully they will be here next week for me to compare.

RogerD

VIP/Donor
May 23, 2010
BiggestLittleCity
Dear Mike,

Kindest regards,
Tang

View attachment 41545

Big is where it's at ! IMHO

Attachments

• IMG_0611.JPG
    IMG_0611.JPG
    103.4 KB · Views: 194

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
I also took a leaf of faith a paid for 3 Kuro ground cable to compare against my Tripoint standard as well. Hopefully they will be here next week for me to compare.

Dear Hieukm,

May I remind you that the first infantry normally has a lot of casualties :D.

Tang

Hieukm

Oct 2, 2016
Dear Hieukm,

May I remind you that the first infantry normally has a lot of casualties :D.

Tang

It sure is given that you saw the size of RogerD’s cable and Miguel’s anaconda or even Dalby counter part. It is like David vs Goliath.

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
It sure is given that you saw the size of RogerD’s cable and Miguel’s anaconda or even Dalby counter part. It is like David vs Goliath.

it would be nice (but a huge surprise) if it were that simple.

size is likely a component of the Anaconda's magic, but i'd guess it is much, much more than that. so the Kuro's could be closer than the size indicates.

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok

Audiocrack

Aug 10, 2012
I hope for all you guys that the Kuro ground cables will bring you musical happiness. Talked with Miguel about the Kuro (ground) cables a while back and he explained to me that the philosophy / technique of these cables is quite different from his own. So I stick with the Tripoint cables to bring the best out of my Tripoint Emperor mk ii ‘ground’ box: combining this Emperor ‘grounding’ station with the Emperor mk ii ground cables is by far the best ‘grounding’ I have experienced in my audio life.

Yep, these mighty ‘Anaconda’s’ are far from cheap, but I know first hand how much time it costs Miguel to built just one Emperor mk ii ground cable and the high quality material that is involved. I suppose top notch audio products like these artisian ‘Anaconda’s’ never come cheap.

You might expect that in comparison to Miguel’s ‘regular’ cables the Kuro cables you ordered will show (some) musical benefits; quite interesting to find out so please keep us posted.

I am happy that more and more members such as for example Dave, Hieukm, Tang, Mike and Robert - all with high quality but at the same time quite different audio (tube and ss based) systems - share their Troy Elite experiences on WBF; might this even bring some self reflection to the ‘damn’ theorists on this forum with their outspoken negative opinions about grounding in general and Tripoint grounding in particular?

RogerD

VIP/Donor
May 23, 2010
BiggestLittleCity
Wow Roger. That looks like what I use to jump start my car with :D.

Tang

Tang, they are..zero gauge. Low resistance is where
the magic is....

Attachments

• 55c09494b62a662d1ae240a6a90cddec.jpg
    55c09494b62a662d1ae240a6a90cddec.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 133

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Here is a picture of finished product. Kuro grounding cable. Bigger than I thought.

CF0832D9-1111-4415-8902-2EEF87BD93F0.jpg

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing