Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718

Thread: Tripoint Troy Elite - Installed

Addicted to Best!
    Quote Originally Posted by Audiocrack View Post
    Indeed Kevin, maybe I should have used the expression ‘ground rod’. It was a (professional) company specialized in ground rod / earthpin installations using a professional measuring device. Fascinating to watch how the Ohms value dropped gradually with each additional pin. And indeed, we went 45 meters deep.
    Wow, a single 150 foot rod. That's impressive and probably expensive, it could very well have a 1.5 Ohm impedance.
    But the ground rod is there for safety, it has nothing to do with day-to-day power quality.
    Kevin

Site Founder And Administrator Ron Resnick's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Al M. View Post
    . . . I don't know if this lifts the ground or not, but does that introduce any ground loop problems? My system has no balanced connections.
    . . .
    (emphasis added)

Al, to what is your "that" referring?

A) the isolation transformer in general?

B) the isolation transformer assuming that it lifts the ground?

C) the fact that the isolation transformer and everything else are fed from the same power outlet?

I think it is very difficult to predict different potentials to ground at different components. And just because there are different potentials to ground does not mean you will have hum or grounding problems.
    Mono and Stereo - Senior Contributing Reviewer

turntable: American Sound AS-2000; tonearms: SME 3012R, Schröder LT; cartridges: ZYX UNIverse Premium X-SB2, Benz-Micro LP S; tape: Studer A820 Mk II; phono stage: Aesthetix Io Eclipse; line stage: Aesthetix Callisto Eclipse; amplifier: VTL Siegfried II; speakers: Gryphon Pendragons; cables: MasterBuilt Ultra; stands: Herzan + Taiko Tana for Io, custom for turntable, Stacore Basic+ for amps; power: Benjamin Electric subpanel; Torus AVR60BAL; JPS in-wall wire; Furutech NCF outlets; room: 19' wide X 24' long X 14' tall; treatment: ASC Tube Traps, Lumitex drapes; tweaks: Shakti Stones, Shun Mooks

Quote Originally Posted by rockitman View Post
    Hide your magic box(s) from David when he comes to install the as2000....
    I will put mouse traps around them .

Tang

Quote Originally Posted by Speedskater View Post
    Wow, a single 150 foot rod. That's impressive and probably expensive, it could very well have a 1.5 Ohm impedance.
    But the ground rod is there for safety, it has nothing to do with day-to-day power quality.
    Not here in the Netherlands. Ground rods are exceptions that are installed by audiophiles for sound quality reasons. Could clearly hear more serinity/calmness/transparency after the earthpin installation although no way in the legue of the top of the line Tripoint components - Emperor mk ii ‘ground’ station and ground cables (pictures can be found on the Tidal La Assoluta thread) - I am using. I am playing with (if I may be so arrogant) high quality audio components but the gains in the sonic presentation with these Tripoint components as regards many important aspects are huge. I again refer to the La Assoluta thread.

Addicted to Best!
    Not here in the Netherlands. Ground rods are exceptions that are installed by audiophiles for sound quality reasons. Could clearly hear more serinity/calmness/transparency after the earthpin installation .................................................. ......
    Sorry, but electricity doesn't work that way, even in the Netherlands.
    Kevin

Sorry, but electricity doesn't work that way, even in the Netherlands.
    You mean, Kevin, that the sonic gains I just described are not possible after installation of a ground rod / earthpin?

Addicted to Best!
    You mean, Kevin, that the sonic gains I just described are not possible after installation of a ground rod / earthpin?
    I'm saying that the sonic gains were due to some other uncontrolled variable.
    Kevin

[QUOTE=Speedskater;506611]I'm saying that the sonic gains were due to some other uncontrolled variable.[/QUOT

Well let’s say I respectfully but also strongly disagree. After adding the ground rod / earthpin I listened intensively to my system for about two weeks before inserting my Tripoint component again. Before that I had removed all my Tripoint components in order to be able to make a comparison of the system without and with the ground rod / earthpin. The differences for the better that I mentioned earlier could very clearly be heard by my audio group and me. After two weeks I inserted the Tripoint components again and their positive effects were even larger than before. Apparently the ground rod / earthpin enhances the performance of the Tripoint components.

Of course I am far from the only audiophile who experiences positive effects / benefits from adding an earthpin, but apparently you are one of the ‘naysayers’ and that is completely fine with me. I will leave it at that.
    Last edited by Audiocrack; 04-19-2018 at 09:17 AM.

VIP/Donor [VIP/Donor] microstrip's Avatar
    I'm saying that the sonic gains were due to some other uncontrolled variable.
    We do not have the full details about the electrical distribution, electric board and complete description of Audiocrack audio system, how can we postulate about the sound quality differences introduced by using a separate low resistivity earth pin and its cause?
    DCS Vivaldi 2.0 stack, SoundLab A1 Px, Forsell Air Force One, ARC Phono 2SE, cj GAT 2, cj ART monoblocks , TA OPUS MM2 IC's and sp, TA XL digital, TA XL gen V power cables, CenterStage footers and Nordost Qkore8's!

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Resnick View Post
    (emphasis added)

Al, to what is your "that" referring?

A) the isolation transformer in general?

B) the isolation transformer assuming that it lifts the ground?

C) the fact that the isolation transformer and everything else are fed from the same power outlet?

I think it is very difficult to predict different potentials to ground at different components. And just because there are different potentials to ground does not mean you will have hum or grounding problems.
    It's mostly B). I ask myself if the ground is lifted, is that a problem, can that induce ground differentials with the other equipment. And, does an isolation transformer even lift the ground? I guess that depends on its topology, not sure.

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718