Tripoint Troy Elite - Installed

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
I am your neighbor Tang. Hope my cables does not magically deviate to Thailand.

Ciao.

What’s up, Hieukm? I know you already put the cable into your Tripoint. No B.S. okay?

Tang:D

Hieukm

Oct 2, 2016
What’s up, Hieukm? I know you already put the cable into your Tripoint. No B.S. okay?

Tang:D

Dear Tang,

Your intel is very quick. I can only say that i take no injury as first man in. I cant give impression because there is too much musical joy to immerse myself in. Everything Audiocrack has been preaching just become real in my own listening room. You will enjoy realism in yours after you get the cable as well.

Regards,

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Dear Tang,

I can only say that i take no injury as first man in. I cant give impression because there is too much musical joy to immerse myself in. Everything Audiocrack has been preaching just become real in my own listening room. You will enjoy realism in yours after you get the cable as well.

I guess no dead squad from the first infantry...hehe.

Enjoy the transparency without emptying your wallet. Buy me a burger sometime.

Tang:)

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
I guess no dead squad from the first infantry...hehe.

Enjoy the transparency without emptying your wallet. Buy me a burger sometime.

Tang:)

Is American junk food considered exotic in Thailand?

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok

Audiocrack

Aug 10, 2012
Dear Tang,

Your intel is very quick. I can only say that i take no injury as first man in. I cant give impression because there is too much musical joy to immerse myself in. Everything Audiocrack has been preaching just become real in my own listening room. You will enjoy realism in yours after you get the cable as well.

Regards,

In all honesty I never considered myself as a (grounding) preacher :). But I am happy for you and I hope it will open the eyes of some non believers. More and more positive feedback of various WBF members on the great importance of high quality grounding will make it more and more difficult for the several ‘theorists’ on this forum to keep ignoring this fact. Enjoy your system Hieukm.

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
Emiliano,owner of Kuro tell that in audio the most important thing is grounding the system,first with a real ground of electric line,separate from electric line and second with a passive ground like Tripping

Speedskater

Sep 30, 2010
Cleveland Ohio
Emiliano,owner of Kuro tell that in audio the most important thing is grounding the system,first with a real ground of electric line,separate from electric line and second with a passive ground like Tripping

The Safety Ground is required to be run in close proximity to the Hot & Neutral conductors.

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Audiocrack has the “Anaconda.” I took a different route with the “Black Mamba.” ;)

They arrived late afternoon and my wife said “Get back home now!” Not much time to listen. I was thinking maybe 15 minutes..but ended up listening for 1 hour...just trying to grasp what I was hearing. I connected one to my Phono and another to Pre. They do amazing transparency. The clarity and presence of each different instrument in a big orchestra is now almost as excellent as when I listen to a upfront jazz with a few pieces instruments. It makes me realize how good the Elite is. If you have an Elite, you need a good cable to get most out of it. And This Kuro is a real deal.

3CB47B7F-1FB1-48A0-8C7D-54F71994C97D.jpg

926293ED-C2C7-4575-88F9-99BB40A7BA04.jpg

Kind regards,
Tang

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
I can just see an edge of your seat horror/thriller film as these Anacondas and Black Mambas spill out of their boxes onto the loading bays of the aircraft flying them to their owners.
“Snakes On A Plane”, or has that title already been taken?

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Tang

Snakes.jpg

Audiocrack

Aug 10, 2012
Hi Tang,

Good to hear that you discovered how good the Troy Elite ‘ground’ station really is. I am very glad for you and at the same time not surprised at all because I have mentioned several times on this forum that high quality ground cables are needed to explore the full potential of the Tripoint ‘ground’ boxes.

Please allow me to give you and all other Tripoint ‘ground station’ users an (another) advice in this regard: get a high quality destat gun (I am using the latest Furutech) and treat your system - and in particular the binding posts of your Tripoint Elite - at least once every day. You will be very pleasantly susprised with the musical effects. I described those btw on the La Assulata thread if I remember correctly.

Happy listening.

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Hi Tang,

Good to hear that you discovered how good the Troy Elite ‘ground’ station really is. I am very glad for you and at the same time not surprised at all because I have mentioned several times on this forum that high quality ground cables are needed to explore the full potential of the Tripoint ‘ground’ boxes.

Please allow me to give you and all other Tripoint ‘ground station’ users an (another) advice in this regard: get a high quality destat gun (I am using the latest Furutech) and treat your system - and in particular the binding posts of your Tripoint Elite - at least once every day. You will be very pleasantly susprised with the musical effects. I described those btw on the La Assulata thread if I remember correctly.

Happy listening.

Dear Rudolf,

Thanks so much for all the tips you have been giving. No matter how good cables are, without the magic box it is worthless. Tripoint owners can pick any cable they prefer.. but good one is a must as you said. I just really enjoy my Elite with Kuro. They are phenomenal duo.

Kind regards,
Tang

Audiocrack

Aug 10, 2012
Dear Rudolf,

Thanks so much for all the tips you have been giving. No matter how good cables are, without the magic box it is worthless. Tripoint owners can pick any cable they prefer.. but good one is a must as you said. I just really enjoy my Elite with Kuro. They are phenomenal duo.

Kind regards,
Tang

Hello Tang,

Undoubtedly they are a phenomenal duo.

Hard to believe, don’t you think, that there are still quite a number of ‘theorists’ on this forum that - in their ultimate theoretical wisdom - are of the opinion that the ‘grounding guys’ are nuts because grounding just cannot yield the positive musical effects we as ‘grounding practicians’ experience on a daily basis?

SuperDave

May 12, 2017
Texas
Tang,
Looking good! Hopefully only another week until I get the Anaconda. Audiocrack is absolutely correct that the Elite excels with better grounding cables. I have only experienced the difference between Miguel's standard cable and the Thor SE and soon, the Emperor mkii.

Dave

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Three full days days playing with Kuro/Elite/Troy SE now. Sounded good right out of the box. No Yo Yo effect till now. The Kuro/Tripoint combo just transfer all musical info from phono to speakers with less artifacts. The more my arm cart can dig out info from vinyl groove, the more I hear that in my room. I get this feeling of seeing all music using my ears...like watching Imax with your ears not eyes. Fools you real kind of listening. My secretary even asked me if this sound comes from these cables that she did customs clearance. And this is with one Kuro connected to right mono amp, one to phono and one to pre. The left mono amp is connected with other cable. I only have three Kuro now. Three more will come.

Go go Team Tripoint.

Tang

Last edited:

RogerD

VIP/Donor
May 23, 2010
BiggestLittleCity
Hello Tang,

Undoubtedly they are a phenomenal duo.

Hard to believe, don’t you think, that there are still quite a number of ‘theorists’ on this forum that - in their ultimate theoretical wisdom - are of the opinion that the ‘grounding guys’ are nuts because grounding just cannot yield the positive musical effects we as ‘grounding practicians’ experience on a daily basis?

Grounding or star grounding whether Tripoint or the other brand or my method....is the holy grail of SQ and as I have preached for years it is the size or low resistance of the cable. A uniform impedance in the system of electronics is magical. Enjoy to all the pioneers.

Audiocrack

Aug 10, 2012
Grounding or star grounding whether Tripoint or the other brand or my method....is the holy grail of SQ and as I have preached for years it is the size or low resistance of the cable. A uniform impedance in the system of electronics is magical. Enjoy to all the pioneers.

Totally agree with you that grounding is the holy grail of top notch sound. Happy to conclude we belong to the same group of ‘audio preachers’:).

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing