Tripoint Troy Elite - Installed

strapper211

Aug 6, 2013
Hi,
My Tripoint Elite is shipping today,I should have it by the middle of next week.
I can't wait to hook it up and let it settle in.

Regards Robert

strapper211

Aug 6, 2013
Hi,
My Tripoint Elite is shipping today,I should have it by the middle of next week.

Regards Robert

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Hi,

Your system will sound like you have added an octane booster.

SuperDave

May 12, 2017
Texas
Congrats Robert, Let us know how it performs. Miguel is about to finish a new Emperor MKII for my pre replacing the stock cord that came with the Elite. Before the HD pre arrived, I had a Thor SE on the Nagra Classic but had to switch to the stock cord for the HD pre because of the length. More to come...

Dave

Audiocrack

Aug 10, 2012
Happy for the both of you, Robert and Dave. Looking forward to both your experiences and I hope, Dave, you will be as enthusiastic about the ‘Anaconda’ ground cable as I am.

strapper211

Aug 6, 2013
Hi,
Received Elite yesterday and hooked it up.Listened for about a hour after hook up and right away I noticed
the soundstage,layering,dynamics,transparency and speed all have been improved.
Miguel said it takes weeks to break in but WOW,what a debut.
Will post a picture and keep you updated in about a week.
Robert

strapper211

Aug 6, 2013
Hi,
Received Elite yesterday and hooked it up.Listened for about a hour after hook up and right away I noticed
Robert

SuperDave

May 12, 2017
Texas
Hi,
Robert

Robert,
Congrats! I was amazed right out of the box also and over time, it gets better and better. Keep us posted on your impressions.

Dave

Hieukm

Oct 2, 2016
I also have the Elite and confirm what everyone is saying here. Waiting for Tang to report on the Kuro ground cable or if my curiosity get the best of me then i would have to order the Anaconda as per Audiocrack advise.

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
Hi,
Robert

congrats and i'll echo the other comments. the Elite is the real deal and unleashes an inner musical connection otherwise not seen by me.

enjoy and lets us know how it goes.

Audiocrack

Aug 10, 2012
I also have the Elite and confirm what everyone is saying here. Waiting for Tang to report on the Kuro ground cable or if my curiosity get the best of me then i would have to order the Anaconda as per Audiocrack advise.

I am very glad with your posting, Hieukm. There are a few non believers on this forum who - while having no actual (practical) experience whatsoever with any of the Tripoint products, let alone with the Troy elite - from a pure theoretical point of view claim that your Elite and my Emperor mk ii ‘ground’ boxes cannot do what we know (by hearing) they do. So other / new WBF members confirming my/our listening impressions as regards the Tripoint components is worthwhile for our WBF community in the sense that they show that these ‘theorists’ / non believers should not be taken seriously in this regard.

Audiocrack

Aug 10, 2012
And oh, before I forget Hieukm: one Tripoint Emperor mk ii ground cable will change your audio life dramatically, trust me on this.

Hieukm

Oct 2, 2016
And oh, before I forget Hieukm: one Tripoint Emperor mk ii ground cable will change your audio life dramatically, trust me on this.

Hi Audiocrack, you have made me very interested in the Emperor ground cable because of the following:

From Miguel system in youtube, it sounded pretty real.
From your comment and Miguel comment, these cables seems to be correcting room abnormalies or expanding the soundstage. It would be very beneficial to my small room.
Again, i want my system to sound real. These ground cable seems to push that front instead of vibration which improve focus, source which improve noise floor and dynamics/resolution.

Audiocrack

Aug 10, 2012
Hi Audiocrack, you have made me very interested in the Emperor ground cable because of the following:

From your comment and Miguel comment, these cables seems to be correcting room abnormalies or expanding the soundstage. It would be very beneficial to my small room.
Again, i want my system to sound real. These ground cable seems to push that front instead of vibration which improve focus, source which improve noise floor and dynamics/resolution.[/QUOTEM

Hello Hieukm,

In all honesty: if Miguel would not have visited me in October last year and let me experience the effects of the Emperor ground cables (albeit they were the mark i version, the current mk ii version is clearly superior to its predecessor) in my own Tidal LA system I would probably not have believed it myself.

As mentioned on the La Assoluta thread we created the ‘ideal’ conditions for grounding: (i) grounding features are an integral part of the Tidal La Assoluta concept (for example all driver baskets as well as the xovers chambers in the LA’s are grounded, dedicated grounding binding posts, etc), (ii) Miguel added dedicated grounding schemes and binding posts to some of my audio components such as the Kondo g-1000 linestage, music server and Telefunken M15A tapedeck and (iii) connecting my dedicated electricity center through a copper wire to a very long ground rod / earthpin. In this context the Emperor mk ii cables yield all the sonic benefits I described earlier on the La Assoluta thread. One of them is in indeed that the room boundaries and room deficiencies are less obvious resulting in a purer / less mechanical sound with a deeper and wider soundstage. In my room the impact of the additional soundstage depth is greater than the extra soundstage width though.

Last edited:

Hieukm

Oct 2, 2016

Again, i want my system to sound real. These ground cable seems to push that front instead of vibration which improve focus, source which improve noise floor and dynamics/resolution.[/QUOTEM

Hello Hieukm,

In all honesty: if Miguel would not have visited me in October last year and let me experience the effects of the Emperor ground cables (albeit they were the mark i version, the current mk ii version is clearly superior to its predecessor) in my own Tidal LA system I would probably not have believed it myself.

As mentioned on the La Assoluta thread we created the ‘ideal’ conditions for grounding: (i) grounding features are an integral part of the Tidal La Assoluta concept (for example all driver baskets as well as the xovers chambers are grounded, dedicated grounding binding losts, etc), (ii) Miguel added dedicated grounding schemes and binding posts to some of my audio components such as tge Kondo g-1000 linestage, music server and Telefunken M15A tapedeck and (iii) connecting my dedicated electricity center through a copper wire to a very long ground rod / earthpin. In this context the Emperor mk ii cables yield all the sonic benefits I described earlier on the La Assoluta thread. One of them in indeed that the room boundaries and deficiencies are less obvious resulting in a purer / less mechanical sound with a deeper and wider soundstage. In my room the impact of the additional soundstage depth is greater than the soundstage width though.

My speaker has field coil driver and dedicated grounding post too. I dont have the grounding for xover chamber. My current pre-amp has dedicated grounding post but not my amp. My source has not grounding post but when i upgrade it in future then i will make sure it has dedicated grounding post as well. My electricity center also connect through a thich copper wire to a 20m deep ground rod/earth pin. It does not reach 1.5 Ohm like your did but it reach under 4 Ohm, which is decent for me. All in context, my system is also gear toward heavily grounding scheme.

Elite already improve the room boundaries factor so much as now i am having quite amazingly deep sound stage. Sound stage width is really beyond side walls. My system already give me feeling of sitting in the venue as there is so much details, micro dynamics, hall information and sound wave projection at me. Your finding again is in line with what my system demonstration. I am just hoping for more.

What i am focus now is trying to make the instrument sound more realistic through tonal, timbre, density, decay, speed. If the Emperor grounding cable is what it takes then i have to investigate.

Moreover, i am also trying other stuff mentioning here such as AM fuses, Schnerzinger and Kuro cable.

Audiocrack

Aug 10, 2012
My speaker has field coil driver and dedicated grounding post too. I dont have the grounding for xover chamber. My current pre-amp has dedicated grounding post but not my amp. My source has not grounding post but when i upgrade it in future then i will make sure it has dedicated grounding post as well. My electricity center also connect through a thich copper wire to a 20m deep ground rod/earth pin. It does not reach 1.5 Ohm like your did but it reach under 4 Ohm, which is decent for me. All in context, my system is also gear toward heavily grounding scheme.

Elite already improve the room boundaries factor so much as now i am having quite amazingly deep sound stage. Sound stage width is really beyond side walls. My system already give me feeling of sitting in the venue as there is so much details, micro dynamics, hall information and sound wave projection at me. Your finding again is in line with what my system demonstration. I am just hoping for more.

What i am focus now is trying to make the instrument sound more realistic through tonal, timbre, density, decay, speed. If the Emperor grounding cable is what it takes then i have to investigate.

Moreover, i am also trying other stuff mentioning here such as AM fuses, Schnerzinger and Kuro cable.

You indeed made very serious ground(ing) steps, Hieukm! Really glad to hear that the Troy Elite expands your soundstage in the way you just described. Let me phrase the benefits of Miguel’s new ‘Anaconda’s’ as follows: the full potential of your Elite will be unleashed in a way that is quite astounding. As a consequence you will indeed get a lot more of all the sonic ‘goodies’. But given the large investment this ground cable requires I fully understand your plans of trying other ground cables and devices.

Last edited:

Audiocrack

Aug 10, 2012
Btw Hieukm, did you experience any sonic benefits after adding your ground rod / earthpin?

Hieukm

Oct 2, 2016
Btw Hieukm, did you experience any sonic benefits after adding your ground rod / earthpin?

I think there is a improvement on noise floor resulting in blacker background and dynamics. It is a long time ago so thats what i vaguely remember.

SuperDave

May 12, 2017
Texas

Rudolf & Hieukm,

I'll be able to confirm this soon! Congrats on your Elite Hieukm.

Dave

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing