Page 7 of 29 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 286

Thread: Tripoint Troy Elite - Installed

  1. #61
    Site Founder And Administrator Ron Resnick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Beverly Hills, CA
    Posts
    4,512
    Does the Tripoint increase or decrease the potential to ground between each of the Tripoint-connected components and ground?

    Why doesn’t the Tripoint create a ground loop?
    Mono and Stereo - Senior Contributing Reviewer

    turntable: American Sound AS-2000; tonearms: SME 3012R, Schröder LT; cartridges: ZYX UNIverse Premium X-SB2, Air Tight Opus-1; tape: Studer A820 Mk II; phono stage: Aesthetix Io Eclipse with 2 power supplies; line stage: VTL TL-7.5 Series III; amplifier: VTL Siegfried Series II; loudspeaker: Gryphon Pendragon; cables: MasterBuilt Ultra; stands: Herzan + Taiko Tana + Evo LPS for Io, custom for turntable, Stacore Basic+ for amps; power: Benjamin Electric subpanel, JPS in-wall wire, Furutech NCF outlets, Torus AVR60BAL; room: 19' wide X 24' long X 14' tall; acoustic treatment: SoundSense A.T.I. + Lumitex drapes + Vibramat, ASC IsoThermal Tube Traps; tweaks: Shakti Stones, Shun Mooks, self-propelled sound-absorbing cocker-poo

  2. #62
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    119
    Ron,
    Sorry for the late response, I had 2 funerals last week and WBF is a good distraction. I ordered the Elite from Miguel and bought Audiocrack's Thor SE cables (5) when he decided to upgrade to the Emperor MkII cables. I'm all digital for now, so too many boxes hopefully won't become a problem. Mike has described the Elite better than I could so i'll try not to repeat anything. I have two dedicated lines used for the Nagra HD monoblocks, the Elite, and my center channel amp. I use a Transparent Reference Power Isolator for conditioning and plug my Esoteric cd, clock, Aurender, and processor into.

    Nagra HD Mono - Both are connected to the same post on the Elite with Thor SE cable.
    Nagra HD Pre - I just installed this and cannot use a Thor SE based on the short length but I am using Miguel's basic grounding cable in its place. Emperor cable has been ordered.
    Esoteric K01x - Thor SE cable to a shared post with the clock
    Esoteric G01 - Thor SE connected to shared post with cd player

    All of my components include a dedicated grounding post. Tango and I as well have both both experienced a cable falling off. To my ears, there is a clear loss of dynamics, ease, and connection to the music if that makes any sense. I think my equipment would still sound great without the Elite but once I heard it all connected, its hard to look back. I mentioned in another thread, that the Elite enables my equipment to reveal information at the lowest levels giving dynamic swings that much more impact. I have young kids, so my listening levels at night are lower but bass still sounds visceral. I am betting that the addition of an Emperor cable to the HD pre will add more of the magic that I hear now.

    Dave
    Speakers: Rockport Avior, Rockport Mira, B&W 803D
    Amps: Nagra HD Monos & McIntosh MC601 & MC303
    Pre: Nagra HD Pre
    Source: Aurender W20, Esoteric K-01X & G-01
    Grounding: Tripoint Troy Elite & Thor SE(5) Emperor Mkii
    Cable: Transparent Audio Ref Gen 5

  3. #63
    Site Founder And Administrator Ron Resnick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Beverly Hills, CA
    Posts
    4,512
    Thank you Dave for your reply!
    Mono and Stereo - Senior Contributing Reviewer

    turntable: American Sound AS-2000; tonearms: SME 3012R, Schröder LT; cartridges: ZYX UNIverse Premium X-SB2, Air Tight Opus-1; tape: Studer A820 Mk II; phono stage: Aesthetix Io Eclipse with 2 power supplies; line stage: VTL TL-7.5 Series III; amplifier: VTL Siegfried Series II; loudspeaker: Gryphon Pendragon; cables: MasterBuilt Ultra; stands: Herzan + Taiko Tana + Evo LPS for Io, custom for turntable, Stacore Basic+ for amps; power: Benjamin Electric subpanel, JPS in-wall wire, Furutech NCF outlets, Torus AVR60BAL; room: 19' wide X 24' long X 14' tall; acoustic treatment: SoundSense A.T.I. + Lumitex drapes + Vibramat, ASC IsoThermal Tube Traps; tweaks: Shakti Stones, Shun Mooks, self-propelled sound-absorbing cocker-poo

  4. #64
    VIP/Donor [VIP/Donor] Folsom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Eastern WA
    Posts
    2,388
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Resnick View Post
    Does the Tripoint increase or decrease the potential to ground between each of the Tripoint-connected components and ground?

    Why doesn’t the Tripoint create a ground loop?
    Your first question, that depends on a few things. It can only normalize the ground reference if they were different to start. The way that occurs (typically) is when you have seperate AC lines feeding your gear, but some of them are interrupted by other things on the line (fridge, fan, etc). I highly doubt you could have this problem with all your dedicated lines. In order for the normalizing to happen, the grounds have to touch.

    As far as loops, it would form one if the grounds touch internally. It may not be a harmful or audible loop, but it would be there. It is harder to say what is going on since we cannot see inside them like we have with Entreq. But clearly they are making some stuff up, or elaborating profusely, because all of the things they say cannot be true in the way the consumer would believe them to be - physics will not allow it.
    Industry Affiliation: Folsom

  5. #65
    Addicted to Best!
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Cleveland Ohio
    Posts
    894
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Resnick View Post
    Does the Tripoint increase or decrease the potential to ground between each of the Tripoint-connected components and ground?
    Why doesn’t the Tripoint create a ground loop?
    a] Dedicated EMI/RFI passive filtration component (what is the frequency response of the filter?)
    b] Eliminates ground loops (without transformers or capacitors?)
    c] Provides impedance ground match for all your components (isn't the best impedance, zero ohms at all frequencies?)
    {and to which ground does it refer. Safety Ground/Protective Earth or Planet Earth?}
    d] Eliminates cheater plugs that degrades the sound (isn't it the opposite of a cheater plug?)
    Kevin

  6. #66
    Addicted to Best!
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Cleveland Ohio
    Posts
    894
    A better question might be:
    Is there continuity from the AC cord dummy plug Safety Ground pin to the three front panel terminals?
    Kevin

  7. #67
    Ron (and other WBF members), please keep in mind that Tripoint is doing (much) more than ‘only’ grounding. Understandably Miguel is keeping his technical secrets for himself because the competition as well as the ‘do it yourself guys’ are closely watching. That said it amazes me again and again that people form all kind of (strong) opinions about the (effectiveness of) Tripoint components while they at the same have no experience with them. Puzzling but I suppose it is what it is.

  8. #68
    Site Founder And Administrator Ron Resnick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Beverly Hills, CA
    Posts
    4,512
    Quote Originally Posted by Audiocrack View Post
    Ron (and other WBF members), please keep in mind that Tripoint is doing (much) more than ‘only’ grounding. Understandably Miguel is keeping his technical secrets for himself because the competition as well as the ‘do it yourself guys’ are closely watching. That said it amazes me again and again that people form all kind of (strong) opinions about the (effectiveness of) Tripoint components while they at the same have no experience with them. Puzzling but I suppose it is what it is.
    Respectfully, Audiocrack, please show me where you feel I have proffered any opinion about Tripoint’s effectiveness. As you stipulate Miguel chooses not to explain how it works.

    I think I have posted only questions in an attempt to understand how it works. Contrary to your post the reason I am curious to understand how it works is because I assume it is effective.
    Mono and Stereo - Senior Contributing Reviewer

    turntable: American Sound AS-2000; tonearms: SME 3012R, Schröder LT; cartridges: ZYX UNIverse Premium X-SB2, Air Tight Opus-1; tape: Studer A820 Mk II; phono stage: Aesthetix Io Eclipse with 2 power supplies; line stage: VTL TL-7.5 Series III; amplifier: VTL Siegfried Series II; loudspeaker: Gryphon Pendragon; cables: MasterBuilt Ultra; stands: Herzan + Taiko Tana + Evo LPS for Io, custom for turntable, Stacore Basic+ for amps; power: Benjamin Electric subpanel, JPS in-wall wire, Furutech NCF outlets, Torus AVR60BAL; room: 19' wide X 24' long X 14' tall; acoustic treatment: SoundSense A.T.I. + Lumitex drapes + Vibramat, ASC IsoThermal Tube Traps; tweaks: Shakti Stones, Shun Mooks, self-propelled sound-absorbing cocker-poo

  9. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Resnick View Post
    Respectfully, Audiocrack, please show me where you feel I have proffered any opinion about Tripoint’s effectiveness. As you stipulate Miguel chooses not to explain how it works.

    I think I have posted only questions in an attempt to understand how it works. Contrary to your post the reason I am curious to understand how it works is because I assume it is effective.
    With my latest remark I was not referring to you at all, Ron. Fully understand your point of view. My sole intention was to warn you for the (strong) opinions of some of our members that have no experience at all with any of the Tripoint products but apparently pretend that they do (to a certain extent) know about it.

  10. #70
    VIP/Donor [VIP/Donor] microstrip's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    13,446
    Quote Originally Posted by Audiocrack View Post
    Ron (and other WBF members), please keep in mind that Tripoint is doing (much) more than ‘only’ grounding. Understandably Miguel is keeping his technical secrets for himself because the competition as well as the ‘do it yourself guys’ are closely watching. That said it amazes me again and again that people form all kind of (strong) opinions about the (effectiveness of) Tripoint components while they at the same have no experience with them. Puzzling but I suppose it is what it is.
    IMHO we must accept all strong opinions about this type of device (not only the Tripoint) without any astonishment. Their designers intentionally keep secret of all the basics and fundamental, not only the technical details, because they want to avoid any dangerous technical debate on them. There is a price to pay by this desire to keep people in the darkness - we all debate with the the same level of knowledge and the same inadequate arguments, but no one is above being debated.

    The DIY people and competition spies are just an weak argument. Many designers know from experience that technical debates in free open forums are dangerous for marketing. Some times they enter it and are asked to retire by their distributors ...

    I am currently using the Nordost QRT Qkore grounding system. I have listened to its effect in my system, but still do not have the faintest idea why it changes the sound like it does. But in reality it changes it!
    DCS Vivaldi 2.0 stack, Soundlab A1 Px's while waiting for the XLF successor, EMT927, SME3012R, ARC Phono 3, Lamm ML1.2 Ref, Lamm L2ref, Stealth Dream speaker , Crystal Dreamline ICs, TA XL digital, TA XL gen V power cables, CenterStage footers and Nordost Qkore8's!

Page 7 of 29 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Tripoint troy signature grounding device
    By Audiocrack in forum General Audio Forum
    Replies: 1305
    Last Post: 07-11-2018, 10:54 AM
  2. FS: Tripoint Troy (original version)
    By elescher in forum Buy and Sell Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-03-2018, 03:48 AM
  3. Tripoint Troy Se or Esoteric G01X/Grandioso G1 Master clock
    By Stereophonic in forum General Audio Forum
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 03-18-2017, 12:15 PM
  4. Tripoint Troy SE or Esoteric G01X/G1
    By Stereophonic in forum Audio and Video Power Product Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-13-2017, 10:19 AM
  5. FS: Tripoint Troy
    By elescher in forum Buy and Sell Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-31-2016, 12:57 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •