SpaceX Launches Falcon Heavy Rocket

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY
This test was posted running LIVE.

This was an amazing launch and re-entry.

The re-entry was terrific to watch. The rocket landed just like they did in the 1950's Sci-Fi movies!

You can speed through parts of it but the whole thing is a great sight.

https://www.pscp.tv/w/1zqKVrmQZpYKB#

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
I watched the launch live today. It was very exciting - took me back to the '60s and the space race.

As you mentioned, the upright landing of the two side boosters was amazing to watch and did remind me of an old sci-fi movie, too.

Love him or hate him, you have to acknowledge that Elon Musk has a massive pair of cojones. I tip my hat to him and his team.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
I thought it was better than any NASA launches that I remember seeing. Then to see the two side boosters and simultaneously on the adjacent pads was amazing

This plus watching and listening to the exuberance of the Space X employees was a joy to watch

Barry

Member Sponsor
Jan 7, 2012
Somewhere near Philadelphia, USA
It was a fantastic launch!

It sure would be nice if we didn't have to rely on buying Russian medium-sized rocket engines like we have since 1997 because we have none of our own. Unbelievable!

gshelley

Member Sponsor
Jan 10, 2011
Austin, TX
Watched it today as well. Simply amazing. Was science fiction like with the ‘perfect’ landing of the two boosters. Did you catch the David Bowie Space Oddity playing in the Tesla? All around great marketing too.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Watched it today as well. Simply amazing. Was science fiction like with the ‘perfect’ landing of the two boosters. Did you catch the David Bowie Space Oddity playing in the Tesla? All around great marketing too.

the marketing was phenomenal with 2 young guys and a girl doing the talking along with another man. They were well scripted but their enthusiasm was nothing we ever saw with a NASA launch

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing