should i sell my S3MK2?!?!

byrdparis

Nov 24, 2015
Israel
thanks you all!
I'm enjoying my Q3 very much!

peterA, my friend:
thank you very much.
my amps for the foreseeing future is the Luxman M900 and it is a powerful amp. double himself to 1ohm (great for the slops of Magico speakers).
the S3MK2 with his double 9" woofers dose not overload my room in most of my listening period, so the Q3 although it have more DRIVE and ANERGY especially in the mid bass dose not also (up to a point the room gives). the Luxman work perfectly with those kinds. very handling and musical.

my room is indeed very very small! but it have such "magic" (no pun intended) in his relation of measurements that almost every speaker i enter in it, was "ok" and beyond (of course i didn't tried wilson Maxx and such :) ).
in my years in it - i needed to tune everything i bought with amps, cables, acoustics treatment etc, like everybody else no doubt.
i am not delusional to think i'm getting something close to their (Q3) full potential. but i always thought\experienced that 80% from a great speaker is better then 96% from a small and little less resolved one.

regarding the pictures, i am always willing to share, but always afraid to get them out in the virtual world when ppl will bashing it without step a foot in it to listen what i was accomplished in the last 13 years i tuned it to my liking ( worked very very hard and really proud with what i've done) .

i listen mostly to classical music, violin/piano oriented and a large scale orchestra. jazz, classic rock, metal and others in the last percentage of my listening hours,
i usually listening to music for 5-7 hours a day , and the weekends get a few hours extra on top of that. i'm not blasting out my ears with loud volume, but i'm not consider to listen in a low volume also.
im guessing i'm somewhere in the middle.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing