Shunyata Alpha/Delta NR with AQ Niagra 5000/7000?

GSOphile

Sep 3, 2017
Anyone able to comment on use of new Shunyata Alpha/Delta NR PCs with AQ Niagra 5000 or 7000 (in lieu of AQ Tornado/Hurricanes)?

Indy

Dec 14, 2014
Anyone able to comment on use of new Shunyata Alpha/Delta NR PCs with AQ Niagra 5000 or 7000 (in lieu of AQ Tornado/Hurricanes)?

I don't have an exact answer to your specific question. But, I am using a Shunyata Alpha HC power cord with a Niagara 1000. They work great together! I had the Alpha HC hooked up to a Cablepro Revelation 8 outlet power bar, with Venom Defender before the Niagara 1000. That setup sounded very good, but the Niagara 1000 sounds noticeably better.

I don't think you need to worry about any incompatibility between a Shunyata PC and AQ conditioner. AQs new power cables look interesting (compared to their regular power cords), but if you already have Shunyata power cords, I don't think anything would be gained buying AQs new ones. I will not be making that switch.

GSOphile

Sep 3, 2017
Indy, thanks. In my case I'm looking for both PCs and a conditioner with robust surge protection features and wondering if significant synergy would be lost with the mixed environment described.

BlueFox

Member Sponsor
Nov 8, 2013
It might make more sense to research if power conditioners with ‘robust surge protection features’ have any detrimental sonic effects.

GSOphile

Sep 3, 2017
I agree, Bud. I've pretty much satisfied myself on that score for now r.e. the Niagara with a manufacturer's demo at my dealer (same speakers as mine) and a number of favorable reviews including Fremer's in Stereophile. Home demo would be next. Just interested at this point whether the rather inflexible AQ PCs referenced should necessarily be part of the package.

Iamrael

Nov 3, 2017
If I can just interject......I just took delivery on a couple of the new AQ Hurricane PC's. I have had most of the TOL Shunyata's up until the most recen NR. The Shunyata cables I thought were extremely good and hard to beat and still do. I didn't think the Alpha line was quite up to par with competing brands in same price range, and since I needed three power cables and two digital aes/ebu (and didn't want to spend mega, mega bucks), i decided to go with two of the new Sigma's for the digital, and so far no complaints with the AQ's. At the very least I am sure they are worth an audition (if this is one of your considerations).

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing