No more Grid Girls at F1

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney

Hi-FiGuy

Member Sponsor
Feb 23, 2015
Women putting other women out of work, sounds about right for the modern feminists.
They need protecting whether they want it or not. Certainly these ladies are not capable of making their own decisions and choosing where they want to work and career choice.
SMH

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
They don't realize that if as many women watched F1 there would be grid boys too. THAT is equality.

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
MotoGP still has grid girls and the racing suspense is superior to F1. F1 is a shadow of its former self since going turbo/hybrid with no fuel stops.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
In simplicity; it's a better world having beautiful women surrounding us where ever we go.
We live on a beautiful blue planet, with beautiful blue women; we are all blue dreamers, no matter the shade of blue we wear, the blue sky, the blue ocean, the shape of water.

Me, that's what I think.

Last edited:

Hi-FiGuy

Member Sponsor
Feb 23, 2015
F1 and NASCAR two racing tragedies!
Check out The Experimental Garage on Facebook. To me they hands down have the best footage of racing when, well, it was actual racing. Not this BS PC Corporate shite thats been the last 10 years.
Hell NASCAR went as far as to tell the boys and girls to start fighting in the pits again and that didnt work.
There is a local track here in Washington and the Hillbilly Races there on Saturday nights are far more entertaining and the racing is better than any of the corporate puke on TV.

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
In simplicity; it's a better world having beautiful women surrounding us where ever we go.
We live on a beautiful blue planet, with beautiful blue women; we are all blue dreamers, no matter the shade of blue we wear.

Me, that's what I think.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
There has been grid boys:D. 2015 Monaco F1.

http://www.espn.com.au/f1/story/_/id/12948330/sebastian-vettel-monaco-grid-boys-point

Next on the feminist / PC agenda is to ban those Victoria Secret catwalks. As Cleary females over 18 don't have the ability to make their own choice.

There ya go!

I feel bad for the women. Most of them are likely students or are just doing this to augment their incomes. Modeling is hard work and besides it's not like they are really doing anything degrading at all. I come from a family with a lot of strong women. When they talk we listen. What they do we admire. What they do not do is whine.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
They should have just renamed them as grid coordinating officer, that would have solved it

853guy

Aug 14, 2013
MotoGP still has grid girls and the racing suspense is superior to F1. F1 is a shadow of its former self since going turbo/hybrid with no fuel stops.

Totally agree.

Grid girls, no grid girls... Makes zero difference to the racing. Never has, never will. Personally, would be happy to never, ever see a grid girl ever again if we got more wheel-to-wheel action, refuelling, tracks that actually had drama and especially, cars without the Halo.

Also, can anyone tell me what it is about women's physiology that makes them the most adapted species from an evolutionary point of view to hold up a painted sign on a stick?

853guy

DaveC

Industry Expert
Nov 16, 2014
IMO, there's no doubt change is needed and welcome in some areas of society wrt gender norms and sexuality. Unfortunately, some overreactions are inevitable and some will be falsely accused and "take one for the team".

One thing that won't change is men's attraction to the female form, but how it is handled in public might. I can understand the feminist view that using women's sexuality to promote whatever in public is harmful, but otoh eliminating any hint of sexuality from public society is an even worse idea. I certainly don't have a solution that will make everyone happy, except maybe to not take everything so seriously... ;)

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
Must have been hard for any male to concentrate with ball girls like this if Rafa was struggling - Madrid Master tennis open :)

maxresdefault.jpg

madrid tennis.jpg

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY
There ya go!

I feel bad for the women. Most of them are likely students or are just doing this to augment their incomes. Modeling is hard work and besides it's not like they are really doing anything degrading at all. I come from a family with a lot of strong women. When they talk we listen. What they do we admire. What they do not do is whine.

I agree completely. Why shouldn't these beautiful young women have the opportunity to earn added income? In my family we have women in high places who started out at the bottom. You can't ignore them, nor would they let you on important subjects, but they won't quibble over things that have zero importance in the grand scheme of things either. Complaining about ridiculous unimportant details only serves to make the women into picayune, annoying, fussbudgets that nobody wants to listen to.

With regard to the feminists, they got their equal everything under the law that their heroes Gloria Steinem and Betty Friedan wanted. The so-called feminists today just want to complain and bash men. There is NO glass ceiling either. It's all a matter of what type of job you take.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Glass ceilings are all I'm concerned about really. The good thing about this thread is that it is the first time I actually took stock of the women in my extended family. Hopefully my daughters will see and appreciate that they can really be anything they want to be.

My paternal grandmother raised four professionals on my grandpa's meager salary. My maternal grandma was a famous soprano in her day. Mom was a professor. Sister a successful entrepreneur and former ICANN board member (first woman as well as first asian). Cousins include realtor, CPA/lawyer, Dentist, Diplomat, Musician. In-laws, entrepreneur, lawyer. Wife former Banker, entrepreneur. Niece is now an Investment Banker in an international house. Ours is supposed to be a chauvinistic society yet we've had not one but two women Presidents. Our Congress is almost a third female. Here we have "-----" girls for practically any event you can think of. It just does not compute in my mind.

Hi-FiGuy

Member Sponsor
Feb 23, 2015
Totally agree.

Grid girls, no grid girls... Makes zero difference to the racing. Never has, never will. Personally, would be happy to never, ever see a grid girl ever again if we got more wheel-to-wheel action, refuelling, tracks that actually had drama and especially, cars without the Halo.

Also, can anyone tell me what it is about women's physiology that makes them the most adapted species from an evolutionary point of view to hold up a painted sign on a stick?

853guy

I hate plus ones, but thank you for making my day!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing