rda intakes impossible to met

rocknroll690

Jan 31, 2018
Hello,
for example potassium rda is 3500mg by this site: https://www.myfooddata.com/articles/food-sources-of-potassium.php and richest food in potassium is dried appricots 130g contains 1511mg of potassium, so i would have to eat 300g of driet appricots, to meet rda for potassium, which is ridiculous.
From other source i got, that pottasium rda is 2000-4000mg, so even if i would satisfied with 2000mg only, it's 172g of dried appricots, which is still ridiculous.

Other way, if you eat 172g potatoes you get 923mg of potassium, if you had 1 banana than, you get 420mg, which is only 1344mg combined, if i had spinach yet, or salmon, i would met potassium rda.
But i am not gonna eat potatoes, banana, salmon, or even spinach daily.
There is some potassium, in other foods in lower amount, but that's not gonna give you anything basicaly.
This rda thing is ridiculous, hmm i didn't found minimum intake, but i am sure i coudn't met even 2000mg daily, at least not everyday.
It is really confusing and there are so many vitamins and other nutrition in foods, that's like bilion of combinations of food to eat, i know you have to eat rich and diverse foods, but that's still random, how i know i am getting enough of this and that, sometimes it doesn't even absorb, even if you eat it.
I can't imagine someone met rda for all nutrition, even i would have program to calculatre all combinations of foods, it would give me like 40-100 foods, eat 13g of that, 53g of that, 0.9g of that...
So what is the point of rda at all, you can't met it, you can't track rda for 30 different nutrition or more.
It't really mind boggling to me.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing