Ed Pong sent me more recordings to listen to and still up at 3:30 in the morning listening.

earlinarizona

Jul 17, 2010
Ed was kind enough to send me 4 CD's of his recordings and I will cover them in two groups. Group 1 is Tatsuki Narita Paganini Live playing Caprice 24 and Caprice 24 in the studio. Both of these recordings are violin only with no piano. Can we talk about the missing sound of the recording chain and just pure "THERE"sound. It is hard to comment on the sound when it is perfect. No leading edge harshness. Now to Tatsuki Narita and how he can play so fast and accurate while giving the music sweetness. A persons mind amazes as how he processes things at that speed. If we strive for recording quality without ANY sound that goal has been achieved and in my opinion this should not be messed with.

The other two recording is played with Tatsuki Narita and Yun-Yang Lee on piano playing Beethoven Number 3,5,8 and Brahms Dances number 1,2,5 and 6. This is music you can just turn on and listen to all night. A great example is I started listening at 9pm and it is 3:30 now and still listening to these two recording multiple times with no fatigue. The two artist play as one and are both world class. We should be thankful Ed got them into his recording world because they will not sound on this recording level with a large label. In the future they will be one of the top in the world with no doubt. As I said before the recording chain does not get in the way of the sound but just presents it just like it is happening. We are all lucky to be alive during this time when recordings of this quality are being made on tape.
In closing I can only say perfection and invisible recorded sound has been achieved with no solid state edge but just perfection.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing