The Grammy Awards -2018 Winners

Status
Not open for further replies.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Music is the soul of humanity; it's worth taking good care of it for what it brings...unity in peace, artistic flair, creativity for the best positivity, outcome.
___

Extra:

Pb Blimp

Oct 30, 2017
USA
Hello Mr. Blimp,

To be honest I never intended my initial comment to ddk to take this thread so off topic, nor consume more of my mental resources than strictly necessary.

I’ve attempted to articulate my pro-capitalist perspective as clearly as I can, acknowledging some of its conferred benefits, critiquing some of its compromises while trying to avoid slipping into the informal fallacy of an either/or mentality. Nevertheless, I think any more posts from me - especially in this thread - will be only a repeat of what I’ve already written to ddk and yourself, and ultimately, redundant.

Genuinely, I wish you and your endeavours the best.

Take care,

853guy

P.S. That anyone would suggest rescuing women forced into sexual slavery and providing them with meaningful, sustainable work is a form of utopian idealism and a failure to produce real world solutions seems suspiciously like cynical justification for a system that generates disparate outcomes and creates winners and losers. No one’s to blame nor need take responsibility. Sexual slavery is subject to the laws of supply and demand like everything else. Those women are the unfortunate losers in a simple equation. It’s just capitalism “performing as intended”.

Well that post says a lot bout you now doesn't it? My comments regarding your friends were with reference to your (and through your comments, their) condescending, self righteous, and, lest we not forget, ill-informed view on the "ethics" of capitalism based profits. For you to contort that into me supporting (and capitalism being responsible for) some of life's greatest atrocities is deeply disgusting. At least spare me the false pretense of your wishes; sadly you are as "genuine" as you are "not arrogant".

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah
Your response seems rather angry, sorry you feel that way. You are bringing things into the conversation that don't really apply, oh well. I was not giving a sermon, but I do see you might have issues with diversity. NP... Do you really think you are presenting a valid point with the video?
:D;);), ha ha ha! Angry no, amused Yes! You just called me racist for not liking rap and I’m bringing things into the conversation? Good one Bob.

david

Last edited:

BobShermanEsq

Sep 28, 2015
:D;);), ha ha ha! Angry no, amused Yes! You just called me racist for not liking rap and I’m bringing things into the conversation? Good one Bob.

david
I don't think I called you a raciest. smh. What's next, triskaidekaphobia?

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah
Hello Mr. Blimp,
P.S. That anyone would suggest rescuing women forced into sexual slavery and providing them with meaningful, sustainable work is a form of utopian idealism and a failure to produce real world solutions seems suspiciously like cynical justification for a system that generates disparate outcomes and creates winners and losers. No one’s to blame nor need take responsibility. Sexual slavery is subject to the laws of supply and demand like everything else. Those women are the unfortunate losers in a simple equation. It’s just capitalism “performing as intended”.

Let me get this straight 853guy, are you telling Paul that hookers should charge more? What should the going rate be in your Opinion?

david

BobShermanEsq

Sep 28, 2015
You can at least man up and own what you say to people!

david

Sorry if you feel "issues with diversity" equals racism. I think further assessment would be necessary before one reaches a conclusion on what you are.

Empirical Audio

Industry Expert
Oct 12, 2017
Great Pacific Northwest
www.empiricalaudio.com
My music is from the 70's, but I'm telling you right now that Bruno Mars is a genius. I have him recorded on my DVR at the Apollo theater in NY and its simply amazing. Actually crushes Michael Jackson if you can believe that. If you have a chance to see this and can play it through your big systems, do it. Really fun.

I listened to the 24K Gold album in my Tesla yesterday and it was an entirely different experience. Very bassy and major compression. I was going to get the album, but now that I've heard it, probably not. This was mixed to sound decent on cheap car stereos and boom-boxes.

I'll just have to keep the DVR recording and enjoy that. It's nice to see them dance as well. Amazing work. Maybe I can find it on Blu-Ray??

Steve N.
Empirical Audio

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA
According to the list below, rap and hip-hop hardly seem to be the most popular music of today's society. Of course, this is a biased list as Sirius and XM subscribers are likely more affluent than many other music listeners. Still, I can't say that rap and hip hop appear frequently anywhere I go on a daily basis. I think they are geared to a specific audience and do not have the broad popularity you purport them to have. They may be music formats that is popular with a faction of today's society, but they are hardly widely dominant. Of course, neither do jazz or classical count as wildly popular today although these are essential to my listening habits.

Nobody under 40 has XM or Sirius lol. Actually here are the statistics:

wealthy, married professionals.

http://www.bkgolfmedia.com/siriusxm-satellite-radio-and-demographics/

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
My music is from the 70's, but I'm telling you right now that Bruno Mars is a genius. I have him recorded on my DVR at the Apollo theater in NY and its simply amazing. Actually crushes Michael Jackson if you can believe that. If you have a chance to see this and can play it through your big systems, do it. Really fun.

I listened to the 24K Gold album in my Tesla yesterday and it was an entirely different experience. Very bassy and major compression. I was going to get the album, but now that I've heard it, probably not. This was mixed to sound decent on cheap car stereos and boom-boxes.

I'll just have to keep the DVR recording and enjoy that. It's nice to see them dance as well. Amazing work. Maybe I can find it on Blu-Ray??

Steve N.
Empirical Audio

Steve, do you have any music sample, any link to a video, anything @ all?
I checked everywhere on the internet and I couldn't find anything remotely connecting with the inner chords of my soul.

BobShermanEsq

Sep 28, 2015

Steve N.
Empirical Audio
Hi Steve,

I am guessing this is the show you were speaking of. It is on the CBS site.

[video]http://www.cbs.com/shows/bruno-mars-live-at-the-apollo/video/[/video]

Empirical Audio

Industry Expert
Oct 12, 2017
Great Pacific Northwest
www.empiricalaudio.com

Empirical Audio

Industry Expert
Oct 12, 2017
Great Pacific Northwest
www.empiricalaudio.com
Hi Steve,

I am guessing this is the show you were speaking of. It is on the CBS site.

[video]http://www.cbs.com/shows/bruno-mars-live-at-the-apollo/video/[/video]

That's the one, I'm watching it right now. Disappointing on the laptop though....

Steve N.
Empirical Audio

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Yes, I've already checked some of those:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6au397

That can't be it, so that's why I asked. I must be missing something.
I realize that a video has no real value compared to say a tape, or an album...vinyl.
I even checked for it on Blu-ray, with uncompressed audio, but to no avail.

I would take a ride with you in your Tesla, but I'll bring my music.
Say this CD?

Last edited:

marty

Apr 20, 2010
United States
Nobody under 40 has XM or Sirius lol. Actually here are the statistics:

wealthy, married professionals.

http://www.bkgolfmedia.com/siriusxm-satellite-radio-and-demographics/

Interesting data Keith, but I think you are over-reading the data. It looks like about 35% of people under 40 probably do have the service, which is a far cry from "nobody under 40...". However, I agree that most have a decent income. But I still don't believe hip hop and rap is the "most popular music of the times" although it is certainly politically charged. In broad terms, I just don't see the data that suggests it's "the most popular music of the times", except for a small niche of the society.

jazdoc

Member Sponsor
Aug 7, 2010
Bellevue
We went to see First Aid Kit

[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SezwuAvCMBQ[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing