Best Audiophile IN WALL (or AGAINST THE WALL) speakers

bmichels

Nov 30, 2012
I have a room that is too short to place the speakers away from the wall.

So I wonder if it is possible to get a very goos sound with the Speakers against the wall, or even more appropriate for my room, with some In-Wall speakers ?

what are the best audiophile (in any exists) IN-WALLS speakers ?

thanks in advance

sincerely

bertrand

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA

asiufy

Industry Expert/VIP Donor
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
Two come to mind, that I know...

Wilson Audio Duette Series 2
Duette Series-2

and Larsen speakers (the entire line)
www.larsenhifi.com/en/index.htm

The Larsens start at $2,000 and are fairly impressive for their compact size.

Also, we've installed a few YG Acoustics Carmel 2s right agains a wall, with no perceived issues, so that might be an option as well, as it's not deep at all, and will fit in most spaces.

cheers,
alex

bmichels

Nov 30, 2012
Two come to mind, that I know...

Wilson Audio Duette Series 2
Duette Series-2

and Larsen speakers (the entire line)
www.larsenhifi.com/en/index.htm

The Larsens start at $2,000 and are fairly impressive for their compact size.

Also, we've installed a few YG Acoustics Carmel 2s right agains a wall, with no perceived issues, so that might be an option as well, as it's not deep at all, and will fit in most spaces.

cheers,
alex

Thanks I will investivate the Duette as well as the YG Acoustics Carmel 2 that I already heard in the past with success...

I just wonder if the YG Acoustics Carmel 2 can produce enough bass for classical music.

asiufy

Industry Expert/VIP Donor
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
bmichels,

As far as the YG Carmel 2s go, it'll depend on the overall size of your room. There's only so much a 2-way can do, but with the boundary reinforcement, they should sound pleasantly full in the bass. But partnering amp/sources become extremely important here, as they also should have a fuller/warmer presentation.

We've shown Carmel 2 at the LA Show last year with an Audio Research combo (amp+preamp) + an Aqua Formula DAC, and it was quite extraordinary. We were actually getting quite a bit of bass in that room (terrible rooms, as most people who attended the show will attest), so we ended up being creative and placing the speakers very close to the side walls, with extreme toe-in. That produced plenty of bass, and avoided (as much as we could), the dreaded room resonance.

cheers,
Alex

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing