Pacific Rim Uprising / Guillermo del Toro's sequel

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
You are correct Steve; Guillermo del Toro only produced for this sequel.

Directed by:
Steven S. DeKnight

Produced by:
John Boyega
Cale Boyter
Guillermo del Toro
Jon Jashni
Femi Oguns
Mary Parent
Thomas Tull

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011

It looks like Transformers, and Power Rangers. ...Cashing in on games, guns, violence with the younger generations.
If I was 10 I would rather be sitting in the Roadster above in space, and listening to the HD classical music radio station.

Starts playing tomorrow.

Sharp 1080

Apr 20, 2010
Dallas,Texas
I will wait and rent it on Blu-ray. I have the first movie on Blu-ray 4K UHD with HDR. That disc is a reference disc to show off the capabilities of Dolby Atmos and 4K with HDR. The colors "pop" on the disc. The audio is very well mixed.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
this and Rampage both looked awful in the trailers i saw last week.

Lol Rampage; I just checked the trailer; the Rock with big dog versus big monkey. 100% little boys stuff with negative rage and violence to put in their brain from Hollywood movie studios who are doing bad implants in our society, our culture. It's amazing how money can screw up people real bad. They just don't think, no brain, no respect for the good growing up of our kids. MONEY, that's all they smell without taking real responsibilities that start right there with them on the type of ridiculous movies they show to their own kids. They don't think any further than their bank accounts without considering the true negative impact of this totally crappy bull kids are growing up with.

Ok, I said my peace, back to Pacific Rim 2. Those trailers look ridiculous too; giant robots, monsters, wars, samurai, machine guns, ... what the father and son, mother and daughter is happening in this world.

I will wait and rent it on Blu-ray. I have the first movie on Blu-ray 4K UHD with HDR. That disc is a reference disc to show off the capabilities of Dolby Atmos and 4K with HDR. The colors "pop" on the disc. The audio is very well mixed.

Oh yes, the first one is highly polished color wise, in 4K Blu-ray too, and in 3D as well...some decor sets look cool in 3D...the plant where they manufacture them giant robots.

But the film is highly CGI gaming style. ...Kids stuff, with big fights and all that pizzazz. Social value: ZERO.

So, in the balance of everything how do we evaluate those film's genres; with our eyes, with our ears, with our senses, our vibrating bodies, our brain level, our OLED TVs, our 4K projectors, our newest toys, our vision towards what they do to little kids between 5 and 20 with less support from this culture of money equals success?

That balance we all have an idea; Hollywood sure has one...a narrow one...the tunnel of financial profits.
Sure, that's what business is all about. Why make movies like Molly's Game when you can make billions with the like of Avengers and Pacific Rim and Power Rangers. This is no Coco movie.

It's nice here outside, spring time with all the colorful blossoming.
I'm not going @ the theater to see Pacific Rim 2, I'm way too cheap for that; I'll buy the 3D Blu-ray instead, and check it out @ home.

Are there kids inside each one of us? You betcha.

jeff1225

Jan 29, 2012
I just watched it. It's what you would expect. Another utterly forgettable flick with quite a lot of pandering to the Chinese.

The Chinese pandering by Hollywood of late has really made bad movies even worse.. The Martian, Great Wall, Independence Day 2 and now this movie......

BlueFox

Member Sponsor
Nov 8, 2013
Okay. What is Chinese pandering in the movies? I understand making a regional release for whatever reason, but not a worldwide release.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
In the Martian, the Chinese army literally saved the day with their space program.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/fi...ox-office-the-martian-the-good-dinosaur-creed

Without the Chinese's help there wouldn't have been a second rescue mission.

"The China National Space Administration offers NASA the Taiyang Shen, a classified booster rocket that can carry a payload to Mars. Meanwhile, JPL astrodynamicist Rich Purnell devises a trajectory to divert Hermes back to Mars for a rescue more than two years earlier, using the Chinese booster to resupply Hermes for an additional eighteen months. Sanders rejects the plan, refusing to risk the crew, but Henderson surreptitiously sends the details to Hermes. The crew, knowing that going against orders will likely end their careers as astronauts, unanimously vote for the plan, and NASA — powerless to stop them — resupplies Hermes as it uses Earth's gravity to slingshot back to Mars."

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
. . .

It looks like Transformers, and Power Rangers. ...Cashing in on games, guns, violence with the younger generations. . . .
and rap!

This looks to me like a "must miss."

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Unless you like polished sets and colorful action and 3D immersion in images and sounds. ...On a CGI technical point of view.

The brain has to stay outside of the theater, that's the only way to keep your body inside. :b

BlueFox

Member Sponsor
Nov 8, 2013
In the Martian, the Chinese army literally saved the day with their space program.

So? That is pandering? Other than the Russians, who else has (had) a space station? Or a space program? I guess we don't need no stinking help. LOL.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing