Telos GNR

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
Someone tried Telos GNR?
Seems similar Tripoint and Entreq but active,price list also no bad 6.000 euro in Italy
On Monoandstereo there is a very good report

I think i will try in future,i know well Italian distributor

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Someone tried Telos GNR?
Seems similar Tripoint and Entreq but active,price list also no bad 6.000 euro in Italy
On Monoandstereo there is a very good report

I think i will try in future,i know well Italian distributor

Very interesting! Thanks for asking. I find it interesting that in the US, Stillpoints is the distributor...and they ALSO distribute Entreq.

https://positive-feedback.com/audio-discourse/audio-ramblings-telos-gnr-active-grounding-box/

Here is another review from Positive Feedback (here, the author uses BOTH Entreq Poseiden and Telos since apparently Telos is not to be attached to AC Outlets nor Amps).

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Please do post any findings you have on this!

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
From a description of Telos which actually references passive grounding boxes and SAYS it can/should be used with passive (Entreq/Tripoint):

https://www.tweekgeek.com/telos-grounding-noise-reducer/
"The Pros and Cons of a Passive Audio Grade Grounding Box
Passive grounding boxes are made with highly conductive materials like copper plates, copper rods, copper mesh, mineral powder etc. The challenge is that passive grounding can only alleviate voltage changes. Passive grounding boxes are not able to provide near ground reference voltage. Hence, they are not able to quickly stabilize the fluctuating ground voltage potential difference between audio components.

In our opinion, the GNR is not a replacement for passive ground boxes, but an enhancer.

TELOS GNR Active Grounding Box
The TELOS active grounding box brings new meaning to grounding implementation. The active method has been proven to be the most elegant way to address grounding issues for audio components.

The TELOS technical team analyzes audio equipment from a unique perspective. Every audio component uses a power transformer in order to operate at the correct internal voltage. Hence, each component is said to have a primary side and secondary side. The primary side is from the power receptacle, all the way to the input of the transformer. The secondary side is from the output of the transformer to the circuit board. The audio circuitry remains within the secondary side.

The TELOS Grounding Noise Reducer makes use of a CPU inside to calculate and generate a very precise ground reference voltage. Grounding is achieved by connecting the audio equipment to the binding posts of TELOS GNR that carry the Ground reference voltage. By doing so, GNR is able to truly correct the Ground reference point for the equipment chassis, audio circuitry and the Ground connection.

Using the same analogy as a high precision digital clock, The Telos Grounding Noise Reducer generates a low distortion ground reference voltage, giving each component a consistent reference point. When the audio setup is operating on a singular ground potential, the signal transmission becomes less hindered, avoiding any transmission loss due to polarity mismatch and bit error. Therefore, truly achieving the best transmission possible. "

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
The interesting thing is they use Quantum Noise reducing. This sounds very similar to the Nordost QX4 modules which use the exact same terminology. Personally, not being a techie, I find this all very 'strange'/unbelievable from a tech standpoint...seems to Star Trek to me. AT the same time, I can also confirm the Nordost QX4 does work in our system really well...which is suppposedly using this QNR.

I wonder whether they are doing both QNR and this creating a new ground plane thing?

murphys33

Sep 28, 2011
I auditioned this with a view to buy. It did not work on my system.... Sucked the life out of music. It is quiet but everything gets muzzled a tad to the point cymbals or highs lose their sparkle.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing