Brinkmann Balance.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Hi spiritofmusic, The Palmer 2.5 ownership has been just great! It is still a great deck! But..after fitting the Kuzma 4 Point tonearm I have been chasing the idea of possibly owning one of the Kuzma turntables mentioned in this thread. I also fancy a change but...hopefully not a sideways move! That's why I am not rushing into anything yet but...time is running out, as I have spend the last 3 months reading up on this.

What is your current deck?

Kind regards,
Trans Fi Salvation direct rim drive w Terminator air bearing LT arm. I loved my Palmer demo w Jon, but the promise of a higher torque tt w unusual arm was just too tempting. The Palmer would not have been drastically different from my existing Michell Orbe w modded Pederson plinth and armboard, and Origin Live DC motor, upgrades. But the demo showed the Palmer to be v fine indeed.

Reactions: twintech

twintech

Dec 27, 2019
Oh, lol, someone else did with that question, and I thought it was you.
Well, I thought I'd let you know that I decided to go for the Stabi M turntable finished in 'walnut' it's in pristine shape too, and has been a static piece mainly, but it was demonstrated at the Munich HiFi show last year! Apparently it was one of the best sounding rooms there! I can't wait to get it set up in my system. :)

Reactions: bazelio

twintech

Dec 27, 2019
No I don't. Bazelio owns one. You are quoting an old post of mine when I had liked the M. IIrc Roy Gregory mentioned that in his review. And there is a forum member called Perart1 who knows him.

Shakti was with the techdas designer in Munich when Nishikawa San knocked on various kuzma tables, knocked on the M, and said this is his latest and best, or something like that. Shakti can clarify.

You can email Roy Gregory over audiobeat site for views on the M. Those guys reply to queries. Fremer will also reply.
I thought I'd let you know that I have decided to go for the Stabi M turntable...I can't wait to get my hands on it! :)

hongkongfoufou

Mar 3, 2018
Hi Ron, I am not looking for simple just the best sound for my money. I have set up several turntables over the last 40 years and I like doing it so it all comes down to the best sound for the money. Spirit you sure like that Stabi M, you must have a lot of experience with it and the Technics tables too.

Sorry to answer so late. I have the SL-1000R and I can say it's not the same sound like my VPI Classic 3. I have the same phono preamplifier and the same cartridge for the two turntable. The SL-1000R is more detailed, has more dynamic and punch...Cable are not the same : Furutech Silver Arrows for VPI and JPS Lab Super Conductor V for Technics. VPI has some more noise...

Reactions: hogen

Hamburger

Nov 6, 2018
If I throw in the AMG Viella Forte and 12JT arm into this forum, how would it compare to a Stabi-M and 4pt11'?

twintech

Dec 27, 2019
If I throw in the AMG Viella Forte and 12JT arm into this forum, how would it compare to a Stabi-M and 4pt11'?
Having heard the Brinkmann Balance, which is very similar sounding to the AMG Viella Forte, and owning the Kuzma Stabi M, I would say that the AMG will sound a touch more polite and more laid back than the Stabi M. The Kuzma Stabi M is probably one of the rare 'tables that possess the positives of ; Direct drive, Idler drive, Rim drive and Belt drive rolled into one, with non of the negatives, because of the very stiff machined plastic drive belt. It can get the 12 kg heavy platter up to full speed in 2 seconds. This gives the 'table a unique musical sound signature, lots of get up and go, plenty of drive, very fleet of foot, very very musical, with air and grace, very good slam, and deep deep bass, truly magical. Hope that all made sense.

Hamburger

Nov 6, 2018
Having heard the Brinkmann Balance, which is very similar sounding to the AMG Viella Forte, and owning the Kuzma Stabi M, I would say that the AMG will sound a touch more polite and more laid back than the Stabi M. The Kuzma Stabi M is probably one of the rare 'tables that possess the positives of ; Direct drive, Idler drive, Rim drive and Belt drive rolled into one, with non of the negatives, because of the very stiff machined plastic drive belt. It can get the 12 kg heavy platter up to full speed in 2 seconds. This gives the 'table a unique musical sound signature, lots of get up and go, plenty of drive, very fleet of foot, very very musical, with air and grace, very good slam, and deep deep bass, truly magical. Hope that all made sense.

Hi twintech,
Do you have a 4pt on your Stabi-M? What length and is it the ruby cups? Thanks.

Reactions: twintech

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing