Return Of The Legendary JBL L100 Speakers !

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY
I wonder if they will make the left and right speakers mirror images of each other, unlike the originals which were all the same.

Hi-FiGuy

Member Sponsor
Feb 23, 2015
I am guessing at 4k they priced themselves out of the market that would buy them, we shall see.
Would love a pair for nostalgic purposes.

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah
I am guessing at 4k they priced themselves out of the market that would buy them, we shall see.
Would love a pair for nostalgic purposes.

I agree with you on the price L100s aren’t rare nor do they demand a premium, they’re considered starter speakers in the vintage world, $4k is a lot of money for this speaker.

david

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I agree with you on the price L100s aren’t rare nor do they demand a premium, they’re considered starter speakers in the vintage world, $4k is a lot of money for this speaker.

david

For me, this offering from JBL is dripping with irony.

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah
For me, this offering from JBL is dripping with irony.

You can say that again & again :)! But let’s not forget that JBL is now owned by Samsung and vintage JBL is highly coveted in the Far East. I think they have an easy target market in the region and $4k might not be as big a barrier there as it is here.

david

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY
These new L100 speakers have different drivers (midranges and tweeters) than the original, so they are really making a different speaker and giving it an old, recognizable, nostalgic model name.

This is no different from Toyota keeping the model name "Camry" and changing it every few years.

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
Not anymore exciting than a reissued Barbie Doll, to me.

Jono

Oct 27, 2017
I have owned at least 80 pairs of speakers and I think the Century L100 were probably the worst sounding of the lot.Really nasty sounding tweeter,no crossover on the woofer and no imaging.Hardly something worth a reissue!

Audio_Karma

Sep 24, 2012
These JBL L100 Classic's are a lot better than many thought ! ;)

https://whathifi.com/us/reviews/jbl-l100-classic

I also see some Reviewers are now using these speakers as their New Reference Speakers!

The Technics SU-G700 amp is the perfect match for these speakers.. "It could be the last amp you will buy"

This Reviewer has had Pass Labs amps and other very High End amps in his system in the past also !..

WOW !

:D

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing