Finally, my TechDAS AF3 Arrived.

byrdparis

Nov 24, 2015
Israel
So, after a few months of waiting patiently. my AF3 arrived this weekend and start it break in...
IM SO EXCITED!
for now, i connected my Thales Simplicity II with Ortofon ANNA...
hopefully un a few weeks il get my Ortofon - RS212D and SPU Synergy to mount on my second arm board.

i'm still thinking of what to get for third position. (i don't think il go all four... )

\ IMG_3241.jpg

IMG_3238.jpg

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
Awesome- congrats.

AF3 + Thales is a superb duo.

howiebrou

Jun 29, 2012
Many congrats. My friend is using his AF3 with the Thales Statement. He loves the AF3. I think it is the best bang for the buck in the Techdas lineup.

rsorren1

Sep 6, 2013
Dallas area
Congratulations. It looks great! We all will be awaiting your listening notes. Seems to me this is a champagne moment. I recommend anything that has Pol Roger on the label! Enjoy.

GMKF

VIP/Donor
Aug 15, 2017
Munich
Congrats from me too.
Very nice system. Magico M3 Mk II and the Luxman should be a good combo.

Zero000

Jul 28, 2014
The AF3 is my favourite of the bunch to look at.

Enjoy. Nice indeed. Expensive, but nice. Sometimes cash is required LOL:)

ALF

Mar 15, 2012
Southwest
I love Paris; even, Paris Texas!

Super, it looks really wonderful in your room and I bet it sounds just wonderful, sweet! It has that wonderful old school MIcro Seiki SX-8000 vibe.

When you have the desire, maybe, it will enjoy the ride on a Vibraplane just like the Micro seiki designs...really, an unbeatable combination with the Micro Seikis.

Happy Listening!
-a

awsmone

Apr 6, 2014
Canberra Australia
SPU Synergy to mount on my second arm board.

i'm still thinking of what to get for third position. (i don't think il go all four... )

Congrats
agree AF3 is best bang for buck

for spu

consider

3012R
SAEC 506
997 ortofon spu G mount type
ortofon 12 inch arm

byrdparis

Nov 24, 2015
Israel
thanks to all! great vibe and warm around.
im very excited and its keep going every day... the sound is so relax and effortless... i need to get used to :)/

Congrats
agree AF3 is best bang for buck

for spu

consider

3012R
SAEC 506
997 ortofon spu G mount type
ortofon 12 inch arm
Hello, thank you for your reply!
i was ordered the RS212D from Ortofon to pair with the new SPU cart.

i am thinking about the third one, and cant decide.
how much good is the SAEC 506?
compare to Ikeda 407 for instance? or maybe the DV507?
i will change some modern and "warmer" sound styles cartridges on both the rs212 and the third one...

thank you.
(i would like to hear anyone ideas of course).

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Congratulations! The AF3 is a fantastic and beautifully-made turntable!

awsmone

Apr 6, 2014
Canberra Australia
Hi Gian knows more than me

Look at thread “torqueo ordered” which has quite a bit about it

DDK swears by 3012 r

Having said that just ordering a SAEC 506 from Japan now

And 3012 r

Halcro

Dec 25, 2012
thanks to all! great vibe and warm around.
im very excited and its keep going every day... the sound is so relax and effortless... i need to get used to :)/

Hello, thank you for your reply!
i was ordered the RS212D from Ortofon to pair with the new SPU cart.

i am thinking about the third one, and cant decide.
how much good is the SAEC 506?
compare to Ikeda 407 for instance? or maybe the DV507?
i will change some modern and "warmer" sound styles cartridges on both the rs212 and the third one...

thank you.
(i would like to hear anyone ideas of course).

Would not use SPU ( or any integrated shell cartridges) with the DV507/II as it is designed with Stevenson alignment and if you alter the P to S distance for Baerwald....you can’t twist the integrated shell to compensate :mad:

Uk Paul

Member Sponsor
Sep 27, 2012
UK
Would not use SPU ( or any integrated shell cartridges) with the DV507/II as it is designed with Stevenson alignment and if you alter the P to S distance for Baerwald....you can’t twist the integrated shell to compensate :mad:

Same for 506, SPU may not be optimal until you get to final 1/3rd of the record..

byrdparis

Nov 24, 2015
Israel
i might missed explain myself.
i ordered the Ortofon RS212D for the SPU in general.

I'm looking now for some third option - arm and cart to mount on my AF3...
my first go to is the simplicity ii with Ortofon Anna
second i choose its the Ortofon RS212D and SPU Synergy
and i'm struggle to decide what will be up next on it. maybe some allrounder arm to take a large variety of carts...

Uk Paul

Member Sponsor
Sep 27, 2012
UK
G, I havent checked A geometry yet, do you think it could work?

awsmone

Apr 6, 2014
Canberra Australia
The 506/30 is optimised for resonance control and not tracking distortion which they believe is less important than resonance control based on Sansui research

I believe they also have a mechanism to increase tracking force towards the inner record

:-

Static tonearm SAEC WE-506/30 (1978, JPY 86,000)
The studio use tonearm designed to deliver the highest quality performance at all times. The bearing has a double knife edge structure. The double knife edge had two blades in the past. Currently, it was made to include four blades up and down providing a structure in which the edge support is held firmly from both sides and from the top. Since these four blades are ground to form a straight line, they practically constitute a high strength pivoting body with the straight line as turning axis and with no mechanical free play.
SAEC knife edge blade has a diameter of less than 0,02mm and is ultra-precise. This finish precision sets SAEC apart from other makers. The edge is first ground to 0,05mm by a machine and then to 0,02mm by a skilled human hand.

A hard mineral – ruby – is used for the contact portions of bearing of WE-506/30 to increase sensitivity and prevent changes over time.

The arm pipe itself is constructed of a special light alloy, a byproduct of French aeronautical technology. The patented Double Knife Edge design along with such refinements as our high-purity, high-density headshell and a unique mechanism for gradually increasing tracking force toward the center of a record, make possible unprecedented tracking ability at very low stylus pressure, remarkably improved clarity of reproduction, lower distortion in the high range, greater dynamic range, reduced scratch and hysteresis noise and the virtual elimination of needle-talk. Moreover, at the first resonant frequency, crosstalk is improved by approximately 20dB, depending on the efficiency of the cartridge in use.

These and other advantages are displayed fully by the WE-506/30 tonearm at all times, even in demanding professional studio use.

The mechanical equalizer is mounted.

The lateral balancer and automatic stylus pressure minute increase device are mounted.

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
Torque buy 506 and 308 in Japan and restored all and the knife,so could be like new

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing