Downsizing - Speaker recommendations

edorr

WBF Founding Member
May 10, 2010
Smyrna, GA
you sold all your Spectral gear for PS Audio, right?

that should be a great match - Luxman always worked well with Vivid and I imagine PS Audio is in a similar vein.

Yes. Ditched the spectral gear. Hope the PS audio gear works well. I don't see myself switching out amps. I really wanted to get out of the gear swapping game and settled on PS audio because they hit the price performance sweet spot for me.

sbo6

VIP/Donor
May 18, 2014
Round Rock, TX
Update. Scooped up the pair of 4 months old Giya G3 Series 2 that appeared on Audiogon yesterday. The MM3s will be listed shortly. If the G3s disappoint, I'll sell them as well and try something else.

Curious what you felt was missing from the MM3s to warrant moving to the Giyas?

edorr

WBF Founding Member
May 10, 2010
Smyrna, GA
Nothing was missing per se. I was (am) very happy with the sonics, but I wanted to physically downsize my speakers in anticipation of downsizing my residence and possibly losing the dedicated audio room. I don't want to end up doing a firesale by the time I am actually moving, so decided to downsize speakers well ahead of time. I do believe there is a real possibility the Giya's outperform the MM3 is some aspects but its a crapshoot. I tried the JBLs 4367 last year and sold them because they fell short on timbre / musicality relative to the MM3s.

sbo6

VIP/Donor
May 18, 2014
Round Rock, TX
Nothing was missing per se. I was (am) very happy with the sonics, but I wanted to physically downsize my speakers in anticipation of downsizing my residence and possibly losing the dedicated audio room. I don't want to end up doing a firesale by the time I am actually moving, so decided to downsize speakers well ahead of time. I do believe there is a real possibility the Giya's outperform the MM3 is some aspects but its a crapshoot. I tried the JBLs 4367 last year and sold them because they fell short on timbre / musicality relative to the MM3s.

Got it, thanks. Both are great speakers as I understand it.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing