looking to trade MoFi one step of Donald Fagen for Bill Evans,. New, unopened.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

OliverSolo

Aug 5, 2017
I have available an unopened MoFi One step of Donald Fagen's, Nightfly..... I think its 4000+ out of 6000.

I would like to trade for the One Step of Bill Evans.

Mine is unopened and am looking for the same.

Best,

Oliver

DaveyF

Jul 31, 2010
La Jolla, Calif USA
I have available an unopened MoFi One step of Donald Fagen's, Nightfly..... I think its 4000+ out of 6000.

I would like to trade for the One Step of Bill Evans.

Mine is unopened and am looking for the same.

Best,

Oliver

Oliver, you do realize that the One Step Bill Evans is far more valuable and rarer than the One Step Donald Fagen....yes???

OliverSolo

Aug 5, 2017
Oliver, you do realize that the One Step Bill Evans is far more valuable and rarer than the One Step Donald Fagen....yes???

Your reply baffles me. Is this your way of being a gentleman?

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
I think it is his way of pointing out that a trade should be accompanied by a $100 from your side, if you're a gentleman.

OliverSolo

Aug 5, 2017
See... here's the thing...unless either of you has the item I'm looking for and is offering this deal with the $100 kicker, then it is not your business to high jack my post and bargain for other people.

It's inexcusable. It's called "mind your own business".

So, if you have the aforementioned LP and want to work a deal, let's do it. Otherwise, go start your own thread. This is just silly.

OliverSolo

Aug 5, 2017
And I don't care who you are... A VIP.... a DONOR..... or whatever pompous title you need to display.... it's my offer to someone else..... I have no problem with a fair trade, but it NOT for you to decide on a deal I may or may not make with someone else. You sound jealous. Certainly nosey....

No one goes on a listing and tells future buyers what they think about the seller's price. If you don't like it MOVE ON!

Shame on you, Folsom!

How many 'deals' have you made which should have been accompanied by an extra $100 bill? (In your opinion, of course)?

OliverSolo

Aug 5, 2017
Trev:

I understand, but surely there is someone else here who can see my point. I would never respond to someone's ad, telling them publicly, I didn't think their price was fair. Unless I was actually bargaining with them for a transaction. And even then, I would still take it private.

I would expect experienced members would not act as these two have.

Its close to being off topic..... I know there are loyalties here, but wrong is wrong.

If either one of them had responded to me privately, this would have played out much differently.

In this hobby where we spend 10's or 100's of thousands on our 'habit', why do they care what my offer is on an LP trade? It's just petty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing