ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah
Today i saw in the shop of my friend the SPU collector box,
only 100 did with 4 SPU
Classic,Gold Reference,85 Anniversary,90 Anniversary

Very interesting but expensive,9.900 euro price list,
could be this is the last available in Italy

Beautiful box, knew about it but never saw a picture of it. I didn't get it because I already have 3 of the cartridges and Rockitman is catching up :)!

david

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
Is more interesting your OFF TRACK that spu box that all already know
This shop has also one spu A 95 on sell

Walnut Horns

May 11, 2015
Does anyone have any insight as to whether Ortofon will be offering a 100th Anniversary G Series SPU this year?

jeff1225

Jan 29, 2012
I almost went with that one but figured I might need room for 10 carts. SPU 85 on the way..looking at two NOS 90’s on eBay. Not sure if I should buy from Hong Kong or japan seller..

I’m SOL on 95. No longer available from Ortofon

I've had mostly good luck with 2Juki. I had an issue with the headshell leads on Ikeda headshell immediately breaking and he refused to give me any credit or send new leads.

Reactions: Nascimento

daytona600

Sep 9, 2012
scotland
Does anyone have any insight as to whether Ortofon will be offering a 100th Anniversary G Series SPU this year?

A new masterpiece from Ortofon

A perfect combination of Japanese and Danish craftsmanship and technique, the new SPU Wood A is beautiful in finish and form, as well as in its sonic expression.

The SPU Wood A unique characteristics includes an outstanding housing made of Japanese Beech wood, famous for its strength and hardness. For the exclusive surface treatment, the 6000 years old Japanese Urushi lacquer method was chosen in order to achieve a hard, resistant and beautiful multilayer surface in dark maroon colour.

The wooden housing has a strong influence resulting in a very pleasant, open, dynamic, straightforward and present tone range characteristic for the SPU sound.
SPUAWoodonthefly500x650px1_m.jpg

pcosta

Jul 25, 2010
Windsor, Ontario, Canada
Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing