Magico A3 on Soundstage.com

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong

slcaudiophile

Nov 6, 2014
Um ... SLC?

thanks for this. great article!

i think in the coming 18-24 months there will be more and more manufactures looking to make a real full range hi-end speaker that are attainable to many more people. for example, look at the 'Idea' from Avalon Acoustics, which have to say is nothing short of stunning for those us will small rooms. They throw a massive top to bottom image, have a shocking dynamic range, and they pay special attention to the bass issues that arise in small rooms. more manufactures should think about this!

it is SO easy for a manufacture to make an expensive 9' monstrosity that requires a massive room (which most people just don't have) but it quite an other to build a speaker that is room friendly, sized appropriately (for most of us) and uses trickle down technology and combined to make a very special speaker for us. more manufactures need to understand this!

personally, i don't think Magico's direct competitor will do anything like this, simply because a majority of what they sell is still overseas and that market is still quite strong, nor do I think they have the resources to make anything like while maintaining their profit margins (even Magico had to outsource some of the machining and they even admitted it turned out better then they could do in house). regardless, I have to commend Magico and their team. Well done Alon!

I am sure this will be a game changer and i will be making an order.

Reactions: QuadDiffuser

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
I'm attending a demo of the new A3s at KJ West One in London on 8 February.
Alon Woolf is going to be there.
For those in the area tickets are available from KJ through their website

Bodhi

Apr 20, 2014
@bejewe, other than the Pass amp, those amps are overkill on the A3's. I did a long audition of the A3's with the Vitus RI-101 & thought that was a great match. In a small room the Soulution 330i integrated is a great match. The new CH Precision I1 could be an intriguing choice also..

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing