36 inch gas range advice needed

bmw041586

Jan 8, 2018
I'm looking for advice on a 36 inch gas range for my kitchen. I'm a novice cook so I don't need anything fancy (re: not looking to spend $5k+ on a range). I recently purchased a home and the previous owner took the stove so that is why I need to get such a large one. The NXR Entree 36 in. 5.5 cu. ft. Professional Style Gas Range with Convection Oven in Stainless Steel seems like it has good reviews but I can't find reviews for it anywhere else other than Home Depot. I've seen a few that are less expensive but they have electric ovens and from what I've read I think I want all gas.

Does anyone have experience with the NXR Entree or any other 36 gas ranges that are reasonably priced?

MtnHam

Industry Expert
Jan 12, 2014
Nothern California Wine Country
I too was considering a 36" gas range until I discovered all 36" ranges are in the $4-6K price range. It seems none of the manufacturers of normal priced ranges make one; you are forced into the Mega$ brands- Viking, Wolf, etc.

Last edited:

RogerD

VIP/Donor
May 23, 2010
BiggestLittleCity
I would make sure that you have some clearence for fire safety on adjoining areas. Check how the total weight compares with other ranges. I like the porcelain finish below the six burners. I had a Thermador and was a engineering nightmare. This looks like it's well thought out and the price is almost too good. If you buy from Home Depot that might make me a buyer if I needed one...but I don't.

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA
Blue Star is the best value out there with arguably the best burners. Wolf may be better, but 2x the price.

rugyboogie

May 30, 2010
Vancouver, BC
We just bought a Blue Star, build quality better than the Wolf.
Using an 58" AGA for our Island home. Never ever breaks down.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing