Why are you focusing on Saturday?

GMKF

VIP/Donor
Aug 15, 2017
Munich

shakti

May 9, 2015
Cologne, Germany
I still remember the evening @Augustiner Keller with the complete Lampizator and Stacore teams :)

morricab

Apr 25, 2014
Switzerland
So Saturday at aprox 19.00 hrs.

Price point ? How many people ?

List:
-GMKF (Max 1 Person)

Sounds good...now the question is, where?

jackelsson

Dec 1, 2013
.de
That sounds like a plan. There are so many good places to go to in Munich. I'm sure our local WBF representative will figure out the right place... :)

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Count me in

GMKF

VIP/Donor
Aug 15, 2017
Munich
I'll just go out for dinner at a couple of places before and decide what tastes best. And service is also a factor.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Let's go to the place which has better food and where it's easy to mix around. No ultra loud music where we can't hear each other give absolute opinions on audio

GMKF

VIP/Donor
Aug 15, 2017
Munich
Let's go to the place which has better food and where it's easy to mix around. No ultra loud music where we can't hear each other give absolute opinions on audio

You think we should get our own room at/in a restaurant ?

I have reserved a spot at the spatenhaus for next week. Will report.

Any preferences for price-range ?

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
I agree it would be nice if it were a restaurant which is not too loud, so we can all converse easily.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
You think we should get our own room at/in a restaurant ?

I have reserved a spot at the spatenhaus for next week. Will report.

Any preferences for price-range ?

Keep it average, audiophiles don't have too much money leftover for food I guess. Don't stress. Just make sure the venue is one where we can mix and argue strong opinions

GMKF

VIP/Donor
Aug 15, 2017
Munich
Keep it average, audiophiles don't have too much money leftover for food I guess. Don't stress. Just make sure the venue is one where we can mix and argue strong opinions

I'm not stressed. I just ask the questions that I feel need answering...

shakti

May 9, 2015
Cologne, Germany
Munich "Brauhaus" price level is a good starting point :)

bach_king

Mar 10, 2018
Northampton , England
We could be rubbing shoulders at the MOC and not know it. Don’t forget to go to the Western Electric room which is always a delight. Last year some of the best sounds I heard were at the Marriott Hotel at the parallel show they host - particularly Alsy Vox with its suspended kettle drum CD player, pure class B amplification and 1.6m ribbon speakers. Awesome.

All the best

David. :cool:

Last edited:

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
I just booked my trip for the show and will be there Thursday through Sunday. Gobel High End is located in the area and is showing at the show of course. I have never been to this show and look forward to see how things go on the other side of the pond .
They are introducing the Epoque Reference Aeon for the fist show anywhere.

byrdparis

Nov 24, 2015
Israel
im writing my post here to, sorry i didnt aware about this one and opened one in general.

i know that a lot of US members are not often get to Munich show, i think maybe its because there is a lot of shows in US to begin with.
but, when i did met some of US guys along the way years ago, i heard them said they didn't believe how big and vast it is, and a lot of them get very excited that they came.
im attending the Munich show for a long time, it will be my 7th time (if im not mistaking).
and always have a great great time, from the city and of course from the main show and from the little one also.

i love to meet some of you guys- for a quick talk, beer or to hang out for a while talking audio during the time across the rooms.

Last year i met some great PPL from the US, especially michael bovaird (from sarasota florida - Suncoast Audio). he had dinner with some of us and it turn to be one of the best time i had last year.
we end up talking for four hours about audio across the glob. it was a Fantastic time.

Aviad

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing