High End 2018

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Yes, please say hello and introduce yourself!

GMKF

VIP/Donor
Aug 15, 2017
Munich
During the show, I will wear a T-Shirt with the name "shakti" on it, so please say "hello" , when you read it :)

I'll get myself a GMKF shirt then ;)

Or should we order a few t-shirts with the WBF logo on the back ?

byrdparis

Nov 24, 2015
Israel
great!
il be the the great looking guy with a blond (pink stripe) hair, gorgeous women beside me.

pleas say Hi!
i will be very happy to meet you guys.

Aviad.

shakti

May 9, 2015
Cologne, Germany
they (the high end society) have a good working APP, please download and enjoy :)

(search for HIGH END)

Zero000

Jul 28, 2014
I am going for the first time and Gobel will be showing in the following spaces
Atrium 4 level 1, room E115
The Divin Majestic loudspeaker in real piano lacquer black with real gold applications. Electronics and digital will be a full suit of CH Precision. Turntable/Tonearm and Phone Pre is the new top of the line from Kronos Audio. Fully cabled with our Lacorde Statement cables.

Atrium 4 level 2, room F226
The Epoque Aeon Reference in real piano lacquer white. Electronics, digital and phone pre will be a full suit of the top of the line Vitus Audio Masterpiece series. Turntable / Tonearm is the new top of the line from Hartwig Audio. Fully cabled with the top of the line Purist Audio Design cables.

Curious to hear the first bolded, but the second bolded is one of my fave high end loudspeakers. Capable of sounding truly excellent.

I have a feeling I might go this year (4th visit)... just not booked anything yet.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Does anyone have a map of the MOC? This is my first visit and I would greatly appreciate getting some bearings and/or perspective before arrival. Thanks.

Kal

They also hand booklets on the ground floor, or what you might call the first floor, that you can use on a floor by floor basis, or look up a component and head for that room.

GMKF

VIP/Donor
Aug 15, 2017
Munich
What are your music selections for the high end show ?

Kal Rubinson

May 4, 2010
NYC
www.stereophile.com
They also hand booklets on the ground floor, or what you might call the first floor, that you can use on a floor by floor basis, or look up a component and head for that room.

I downloaded the app to my iPhone and it is excellent. Unfortunately, it will not run on my iPad, so I am stuck with the small screen.

Zero000

Jul 28, 2014
I downloaded the app to my iPhone and it is excellent. Unfortunately, it will not run on my iPad, so I am stuck with the small screen.

Hopefully it will continue to work at the show. Mine didn't last year. Clueless why but it broke with no apparent fix, even re-installing didn't work. It was like the data server went down or something.

GMKF

VIP/Donor
Aug 15, 2017
Munich
Semi bad news guy's :(

The S-Bahn (not the train going from the MOC to the Marienplatz) isn't operating completly this weekend. The main trunk line is beeing worked on.
There is a replacement service with buses. From the airport to the city centre take the S1 This train goes directly to the main train station. The S8 doesnt, so don't use it, because it is a pain to get into the centre from the Ostbahnhof or Pasing with the replacement bus.

If you are lost and need help shoot me a pm.

byrdparis

Nov 24, 2015
Israel

The S-Bahn (not the train going from the MOC to the Marienplatz) isn't operating completly this weekend. The main trunk line is beeing worked on.
There is a replacement service with buses. From the airport to the city centre take the S1 This train goes directly to the main train station. The S8 doesnt, so don't use it, because it is a pain to get into the centre from the Ostbahnhof or Pasing with the replacement bus.

If you are lost and need help shoot me a pm.

thank you,
is The S1 from the airport to the Marienplatz still working good?
we are arriving on Wednesday morning and need to get to the center (Marienplatz) to our hotel.

thank you

GMKF

VIP/Donor
Aug 15, 2017
Munich
thank you,
is The S1 from the airport to the Marienplatz still working good?
we are arriving on Wednesday morning and need to get to the center (Marienplatz) to our hotel.

thank you

Marienplatz sadly no. But its going to the hauptbahnhof. From there you can catch the u-bahn (U4 or U5) to odeonsplatz. If I remember correctly your hotel is nearer to the odeonsplatz then to the marienplatz.

byrdparis

Nov 24, 2015
Israel
Marienplatz sadly no. But its going to the hauptbahnhof. From there you can catch the u-bahn (U4 or U5) to odeonsplatz. If I remember correctly your hotel is nearer to the odeonsplatz then to the marienplatz.

thank you.
i think the nearest U-B station to my Hotel is the Merianplatz
but, the plot is thicken, i think we might share a Taxi and be done with it.

jackelsson

Dec 1, 2013
.de

There is a replacement service with buses. From the airport to the city centre take the S1. This train goes directly to the main train station. The S8 doesnt, so don't use it, because it is a pain to get into the centre from the Ostbahnhof or Pasing with the replacement bus.

Hi Max,

Thanks a lot for highlighting this. Quite useful to know to not end up being stuck in a bus for half of the trip from/to the airport.

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Who is flying to Munich today or tomorrow?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing