Good Intro to Photography Resource?

DSkip

Industry Expert
Aug 26, 2013
Arlington, TX
www.audiothesis.com
I know we have some members here who dabble in Photography. I have been wanting to improve my skills as I already have the tools - a Fujifilm X1-Pro and Photoshop CS6. Are there any good resources or books out there worth checking out?

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah
I know we have some members here who dabble in Photography. I have been wanting to improve my skills as I already have the tools - a Fujifilm X1-Pro and Photoshop CS6. Are there any good resources or books out there worth checking out?

Short of taking classes these days YouTube is your best resource.

david

DSkip

Industry Expert
Aug 26, 2013
Arlington, TX
www.audiothesis.com
Recently I had a client trade in some camera gear and It’s been the best teaching experience I’ve had yet. I’m addition to the x-pro1, I also now have the x-t1, 35mm/1.4, 18-55mm/2.8-4, and the 55-140/2.8.

I have mostly only taken candid family photos so nothing to share yet, but the learning curve has diminished greatly when quality gear and variety is in place. Surprisingly, it’s not much different than audio in that regard.

DSkip

Industry Expert
Aug 26, 2013
Arlington, TX
www.audiothesis.com
I can see how photography is similar to audio in its addictive nature. My stable has now increased to:

X-pro1
X-T1
X-H1

10-24 f4
18-55 f2.8-4
50-140 f2.8

35 f1.4
56 f1.2
80 f2.8 Macro

Moving to a new body in the X-H1 has been a major jump. It seems Fuji has made major advancements with their autofocus and I love the more traditional SLR-type grip on the body. About the only thing left on my radar is the 100-400 and a 1.4x and/or 2.0x teleconverter, but I'm not sure I would actually need that kind of reach with what I like shooting. The Macro is incredibly fun and might become my favorite lens.

To keep to the thread topic, I'm still shooting almost exclusively on Auto so I know I still have much to learn.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing