What were the first three albums you bought?

Iamrael

Nov 3, 2017
  1. gentle giant-octopus
  2. genesis-foxtrot
  3. traffic-when the eagle flies
  4. genesis-selling england by the pound

oops!!! sorry, me too 4 records :rolleyes:

We must have shopped the same store...

Lamb Lies Down...
Rick Wakeman, Journey to the Center of the Earth
Zappa, Just Another Band from LA

Hi-FiGuy

Member Sponsor
Feb 23, 2015
I'm gonna have to disagree with you on that. I have Frampton's Camel, Frampton and Winds of Change and those LPs are just fine. There's nothing wrong with the recordings and/or pressing quality, and IMO the music is quite accessible.

Man I tried many times but (to me) it sounds so hollow and dry compared to the energy of the live album.

Simon Moon

Apr 24, 2015
Gentle Giant, PFM, Genesis, Zappa!

Sounds just like my early collection.

Kind of hard to nail down my fist albums, but probably these;

YES - Fragile
PFM - Cook!
Gentle Giant - Three Friends

Or possibly, King Crimson - Lizard, Hatfield and the North - Rotters Club, Magma - Mëkanïk Dëstruktï? Kömmandöh and a few others may have made my first 3 or 4 albums.

Brucemck2

Member Sponsor
May 10, 2010
Houston area
Monkees
Three Dog Night - One
Blood Sweat & Tears

Simon Moon

Apr 24, 2015
:)
just to add: PREMIATA FORNERIA MARCONI -- Live in U S A -- 1974, track #4 Celebration :cool:

I slightly prefer the original Italian version, "È festa", from their first album, "Storia di un minuto".

By the way, I saw PFM's 2017 tour here in Los Angeles, and they were unbelievably good! Only 3 original members, but they kicked butt. Such incredible musicians.

If you have a chance, don't miss them on their 2018 tour.

http://www.pfmworld.com/pfm/?page_id=61

Hi-FiGuy

Member Sponsor
Feb 23, 2015
Never heard of them until this post and now have happily spent way to much time down the YouTube rabbit hole indulging.
Fantastic music!

If you have never heard of Umphrys Magee check them out!

caliaripaolo

May 9, 2012
Italia
I slightly prefer the original Italian version, "È festa", from their first album, "Storia di un minuto".

By the way, I saw PFM's 2017 tour here in Los Angeles, and they were unbelievably good! Only 3 original members, but they kicked butt. Such incredible musicians.

If you have a chance, don't miss them on their 2018 tour.

http://www.pfmworld.com/pfm/?page_id=61

I completely agree.
Since here it seems to me which all we love the music of that historical period, why don't mention the following masterpieces:
  1. Genesis-Foxtrot & Nursery Crime
  2. Van der graaf generator-pawn hearts

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing