Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Suggestions: SOTA Ethernet Server for a DAC Renderer

In the meantime, if anyone is interested in building an ultimate music server, this article may be useful: https://www.pursuitperfectsystem.com...hardware.html#
    JPLAY & JCAT Founder

Quote Originally Posted by Marcin_gps View Post
    In the meantime, if anyone is interested in building an ultimate music server, this article may be useful: https://www.pursuitperfectsystem.com...hardware.html#
    Not surprisingly, it seems very JCAT/JPLAY influenced.
    http://forum.stereophile.com/category/music-round/

VIP/Donor [VIP/Donor] microstrip's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kal Rubinson View Post
    Not surprisingly, it seems very JCAT/JPLAY influenced.
    Although I have no dog in this race, the simple introduction of JCAT Ethernet card in my Windows 10/ Roon server made a significant step in the sound quality of computer audio in my system. I have tried returning to the old cards for a confirmation check and the system lost most of its envelopment and easiness. Before you ask, no, it was not a controlled blind experiment, but lasted for a few days.
    DCS Vivaldi 2.0 stack, Soundlab A1 Px's while waiting for the XLF successor, EMT927, SME3012R, ARC Phono 3, Lamm ML1.2 Ref, Lamm L2ref, Stealth Dream speaker , Crystal Dreamline ICs, TA XL digital, TA XL gen V power cables, CenterStage footers and Nordost Qkore8's!

Quote Originally Posted by microstrip View Post
    Although I have no dog in this race, the simple introduction of JCAT Ethernet card in my Windows 10/ Roon server made a significant step in the sound quality of computer audio in my system. I have tried returning to the old cards for a confirmation check and the system lost most of its envelopment and easiness. Before you ask, no, it was not a controlled blind experiment, but lasted for a few days.
    My comment was not a criticism of JPLAY or JCAT in any way.

It was directed at the referenced article which leans heavily and obviously in favor of all their products and, imho, seems unsuitable as a guide for those not already committed to those products.

Good job Rubinson...u killed this thread with a stupid comment directed at Marcin's products.

IMO he was trying to be helpful, that's all....

Quote Originally Posted by Kingsrule View Post
    Good job Rubinson...u killed this thread with a stupid comment directed at Marcin's products.
    Not at all. I made no comment about his products nor will I. What I pointed out was an apparent bias in the article.

IMO he was trying to be helpful, that's all....
    Me, too.

[QUOTE=Kal Rubinson;520655]Not at all. I made no comment about his products nor will I. What I pointed out was an apparent bias in the article.

Irrelevant to the thread and something for the reader to decide if there is any bias, relevant or not......Poor form

Quote Originally Posted by Kingsrule View Post
    Not at all. I made no comment about his products nor will I. What I pointed out was an apparent bias in the article.
    Irrelevant to the thread and something for the reader to decide if there is any bias, relevant or not......Poor form
    I gotta agree with you on this one Kings. We are fortunate to have Marcin here. I am not even smart enough to get Kal's post. Why would any one expect a manufacturer to come here and pitch any one's product than but their own? Should we expect Magico speakers in the Wilson room at AXPONA this year?
    Paul

Power - Torus 75 amp WMT. Furutech NCF Lines, Flux-50s, Outlets, PC's. Star ground.
    Cables - Nordost Valhalla 2 and Odin (phono).
    Analog Source- ARC Ref 10 Phono. Acoustic Sig Ascona MKII, TA-9000 arm, Lyra Atlas.
    Digital Source- MSB Reference DAC, Femto 33.
    Amplification - Soulution 721 Pre and 501 Monos.
    Speakers - Raidho D3.1
    Room Acoustics - Acoustic Frontiers Design, RPG Plates, Absorption and Diffraction, and Custom Helmholtz Traps.
    Stands - Solid Walnut by Timber Nation.

AFAIK, this is not Marcin's thread.

I stopped reading the linked-to page as soon as I saw the limited range of the writer's considerations. Ignore my comments, if you choose.

VIP/Donor [VIP/Donor] microstrip's Avatar
    AFAIK, this is not Marcin's thread.

I stopped reading the linked-to page as soon as I saw the limited range of the writer's considerations. Ignore my comments, if you choose.
    Kal,

Posts #130 and #131 were an answer to a direct request for a CAT product (#129) and Marcin signature identifies his connection to CAT.

As posts changed page between #130 and #131 you probably missed the connection.
    DCS Vivaldi 2.0 stack, Soundlab A1 Px's while waiting for the XLF successor, EMT927, SME3012R, ARC Phono 3, Lamm ML1.2 Ref, Lamm L2ref, Stealth Dream speaker , Crystal Dreamline ICs, TA XL digital, TA XL gen V power cables, CenterStage footers and Nordost Qkore8's!

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415 LastLast