Get Out

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
It's a fun watch, not best picture material.

BobShermanEsq

Sep 28, 2015
People are also talking about this film as Best Picture

Get great reviews and an 80% on MRQE.com

Hi Steve,

Not much better than a B movie. I do not get the love for this one. Maybe because there were allot of duds this year?

The best picture imo is Three Billboards. I would not expect it to be an academy favorite but it deserves notice. Excellent award worthy acting also imo.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Outrageous film, in the most pleasurable humorous sense. It's . . . perfectly acted and perfectly in sync. I just loved it. It's over-the-top fun. I bet they all had fun making it.

Daniel Kaluuya is . . . perfect.

jazdoc

Member Sponsor
Aug 7, 2010
Bellevue
Good but not great

Sharp 1080

Apr 20, 2010
Dallas,Texas
I will wait until I don't have to leave the house to see it.

It's been on HBO several times if you receive HBO? I give them credit for taking the idea to film. It's actually a combination of past movies but with a modern twist with humor and horror. It is not however award material.

Hi-FiGuy

Member Sponsor
Feb 23, 2015
It's been on HBO several times if you receive HBO? I give them credit for taking the idea to film. It's actually a combination of past movies but with a modern twist with humor and horror. It is not however award material.

Funny you should say that as I was pretty much naming them in my mind as I watched the trailer, and that is what kinda turned me off about it.

Honestly did not even know the movie existed until I stumbled upon this thread, will see if I can find it and give it a whirl.

P.S. Your Avatar is brilliant!

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
We watched Get Out last night and liked the movie. I am not a fan of horror films so was glad it wasn't too gory.

Very good debut as director for Jordan Peele - his talent goes beyond comedy. The movie was a financial success as well - grossing over $200 million worldwide, over 40 times its production cost.

I wouldn't put it in the Best Picture category but it was fun to watch - social commentary, but not too heavy handed.

I don't want to give away any of the plot but I will say that I was expecting a different twist at the end. Peele got me with the way he finished the movie.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing