Diabolus in Musica, Accardo-DG--double Lp--tone king!

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
really enjoying this re-issue collection of 'mostly' solo Violin interpretations of Paganini by Salvatore Accardo.

he's playing a Stradivarious violin and the tone and projected energy is certainly alive and involving to me on my 'breaking in' vdH Colibri Stradivarious Signature .7mv cartridge. the collection is from the mid-70's and it's all analog and feels very vivid yet liquid and natural. and there are demo level fireworks here and there with some quite dynamic stuff. a fun listen.

nice mastering. quiet surfaces. flat vinyl. will be a frequently played record for me.

http://store.acousticsounds.com/d/3...rdo_Interpreta_Paganini-180_Gram_Vinyl_Record

daib.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Tango

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Great album indeed. Have one of the (FIM?) CD Remasters of this one.

daytona600

Sep 9, 2012
scotland
044LP_m.jpg

worth tracking this one down on vinyl or tape

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing