Vertere Pulse HB USB vs. TotalDac Gigafilter

fbhifi

Dec 20, 2013
Okatie, SC
I'm in the process of upgrading my TotalDac D1 USB cable to, essentially, SOTA level. The D1 sounds great, is well balanced and a true bargain at its retail price. However, time and technology marches on and the Vertere and TotalDac’s new Gigafilter appear to be two of the most well regarded in the current crop of high line USBs. The Gobel is certainly in contention, but the pricing violates my sensibilities to the point of disinterest.

Any comments of the two above cables would be greatly appreciated.

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
I'm in the process of upgrading my TotalDac D1 USB cable to, essentially, SOTA level. The D1 sounds great, is well balanced and a true bargain at its retail price. However, time and technology marches on and the Vertere and TotalDac’s new Gigafilter appear to be two of the most well regarded in the current crop of high line USBs. The Gobel is certainly in contention, but the pricing violates my sensibilities to the point of disinterest.
Any comments of the two above cables would be greatly appreciated.

I own Totaldac usb cable & Vertere HB usb cable.
And home-trialed the Totaldac Gigerfilter cable and Goebel usb cable.

The Vertere HB and Totaldac Gigafilter are my favourites.
IMO they are on par. The former is more agile & with slightly higher resolution whereas the latter has a slightly fuller midrange and upper bass.
They suit diff tastes & systems and are similarly priced - pricy but not unaffordable.

fbhifi

Dec 20, 2013
Okatie, SC
Thanks CK for the comparative comments on these two cables. If anyone else has any experience with these, please chime in.

BF38

Oct 31, 2017
Hi FBHIFI,
there are some testimonials about this TOTALDAC GIGAFilter on the thread
Totaldac Reference D1 from page 62, it seems to me.

I have it myself since the end of the summer, so stunning on my system!
For my part, the best USB signal processing, I have never heard.

vert

Oct 26, 2015
I never thought another digital cable would outperform my Black Cat Tron SPDIF, but Gigafilter is very good.

That magic box is filtering out the digital nasties.

Reactions: CKKeung

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing