awsmone

Apr 6, 2014
Canberra Australia
Interesting product like the battery version

Legolas

VIP/Donor
Dec 27, 2015
France
Has anyone tried this thing in a decent system? If so, what are the results?
Here are the details:
http://www.alldaq.com/fileadmin/user_upload/files/datasheets/alldaq/ADQ-USB_3_0-ISO_DB_EN_web.pdf

Naa, you want to go Ethernet with a DAW router from Focusrite. I have the Rednet 3 and it beats any and all comers for USB convertors, audio networking and digital fixers.

Basically is uses Dante which is Pro DAW audio interface, designed for audio, not like USB designed for some cheap keyboard or camera hook up (with the accompanying noise issues).

I spent lots of money on so many USB decrapifiers, and then came across the Rednet gear. There is a health thread on head-fi of users who have gone this route. 1000 base T ethernet, fast latency, noise isolation, no USB issues, and a nice reclock inside the Rednet. I also upgraded the PS inside my Rednet to an LPS, which cost 120 USD as a kit. Also USB is difficult to totally isolate as the PC ? Mac keep talking though it, no matter which port you use. I have internet access off on my Mac Mini, and use WiFi to screen hare. The network is dead simple: Mac Mini (ehternet out > Rednet 3 SPDIF out > DAC. I can also do AES should I choose.

Beats my M2 tech EVO full stack inc LPS, Offramp 5, Audiophlio, so many others I bought and sold, inc the TotalDAC USB cable and some other expensive USB cables. I use a 79 USD ethernet cable, and an Audio Note AN-V RCA S/PDIF cable to my DAC.

The sound is so liquid, smooth, very undigital. The biggest jump in sound quality I have come across in 20 years of trying this or that DAC. And the biggest jump since I dropped my CDP.

Cost all in inc the LPS kit is about 1200 USD. Talk to Sweatwater in the states, they may do you a deal. They even set mine up with remote access (I am in Spain).

It also has the option to run an external clock so pretty upgradable should you want to go even more mad.

The only caveat I see is you can't go above 192K so if you are into up sampling, it may not suit. Personally I stay on resident file rate as use NOS Ladder DACs.

PM me if you want more. BTW on your PC, is it all cut back to just music server, no internet, no programs etc?

https://pro.focusrite.com/category/audiooverip/item/rednet-3

bibo01

Nov 26, 2013
Naa, you want to go Ethernet with a DAW router from Focusrite. I have the Rednet 3 and it beats any and all comers for USB convertors, audio networking and digital fixers.

Basically is uses Dante which is Pro DAW audio interface, designed for audio, not like USB designed for some cheap keyboard or camera hook up (with the accompanying noise issues).

I spent lots of money on so many USB decrapifiers, and then came across the Rednet gear. There is a health thread on head-fi of users who have gone this route. 1000 base T ethernet, fast latency, noise isolation, no USB issues, and a nice reclock inside the Rednet. I also upgraded the PS inside my Rednet to an LPS, which cost 120 USD as a kit. Also USB is difficult to totally isolate as the PC ? Mac keep talking though it, no matter which port you use. I have internet access off on my Mac Mini, and use WiFi to screen hare. The network is dead simple: Mac Mini (ehternet out > Rednet 3 SPDIF out > DAC. I can also do AES should I choose.

Beats my M2 tech EVO full stack inc LPS, Offramp 5, Audiophlio, so many others I bought and sold, inc the TotalDAC USB cable and some other expensive USB cables. I use a 79 USD ethernet cable, and an Audio Note AN-V RCA S/PDIF cable to my DAC.

The sound is so liquid, smooth, very undigital. The biggest jump in sound quality I have come across in 20 years of trying this or that DAC. And the biggest jump since I dropped my CDP.

Cost all in inc the LPS kit is about 1200 USD. Talk to Sweatwater in the states, they may do you a deal. They even set mine up with remote access (I am in Spain).

It also has the option to run an external clock so pretty upgradable should you want to go even more mad.

The only caveat I see is you can't go above 192K so if you are into up sampling, it may not suit. Personally I stay on resident file rate as use NOS Ladder DACs.

PM me if you want more. BTW on your PC, is it all cut back to just music server, no internet, no programs etc?

https://pro.focusrite.com/category/audiooverip/item/rednet-3

Another limitation of Dante is that it does not support DSD.

Legolas

VIP/Donor
Dec 27, 2015
France
Another limitation of Dante is that it does not support DSD.

True. And I can see why DSD can sound good on some DACs, but Redbook done right on an R2R can in the cases I have come across equals or beats DSD anyway. I would question how many have resident DSD files, rather use HQ player to convert to DSD. And why PCM converted to DSD sounds 'better' in some DACs may be because of the way (failings) the filter is affecting the sound. If you use a DAC without a filter, that would not be an issue IMO. Don't forget, converting PCM to DSD adds more noise, which then has to be filtered out.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing