Vienna Acoustics The Music

john333

Jul 28, 2016
cant have them for listening.

whats your opinion about them?
im not see enthusiasm from these speakers.

thedudeabides

Jan 16, 2011
Alto, NM
If you can't listen to them in your system in your room, don't buy them.

steve59

Jan 7, 2018
Bump. I han a 2nd generation pair of Beethovens that were high quality, extremely musical and transparent speakers that the only shortcoming I can speak of was the limited spl. They just couldn't rock and while VA spec'd those woofers at 7" they were more like 5.5" so to go reasonably deep with such a small box and drivers 96 db peaks were about the best I could expect from them being driven by a krell kav 300il. If 'The Music' sounds like the beethoven and can sustain 100 db spl average and handle peaks +/-10 db i'm interested.

audioarcher

May 6, 2012
Seattle area
Heard The Music sound very good at Soundings in Denver during RMAF years ago. Did not seem to be dynamically challenged to me. Heard them with Boulder, and Jeff Rowland electronics. Did not care for the sound when driven by the Boulder amps (2000 series I think), but sounded great with the Rowland amps. In my experience Vienna Acoustic speakers need an amp that can control the woofers to sound their best. Otherwise the bass is a little flabby. Don't even think about low powered tube amps.

Reactions: steve59

steve59

Jan 7, 2018
thanks for the reply, My hegel H360 does a pretty nice job in that dept so I may pursue.

Golum

Jun 7, 2018
Lausanne, CH
I play my Vienna The Music speakers through my D’Agostino Momentum Integrated Amp. I believe these speakers punch above their weight in terms of price and have cheerily declared victory in the speakers and amp categories..
Playing mine with ARC Ref75 and they sing and sing...just LOVE THEM...

Reactions: Young Skywalker

steve59

Jan 7, 2018
Time for a detailed description

CDC77

May 26, 2021
Chicago
www.cdcaruso.com
I play my Vienna The Music speakers through my D’Agostino Momentum Integrated Amp. I believe these speakers punch above their weight and have cheerfully declared victory in the speakers and amp categories..
Not sure how I came across this old post of mine, but to update, my earlier declaration of victory in the amp category was premature, as I since upgraded to the Westminster REI amps and also upgraded in the DAC category to the Lampizator Horizon, and I also upgraded the power on my Innuos Statement. I am pleased to say that the music from my Vienna’s is even better.

Reactions: Golum

Golum

Jun 7, 2018
Lausanne, CH
Those speakers in my book are true gems and not many people unfortunatelly know for them or had a chance to hear them….still in love with mine…

steve59

Jan 7, 2018
There was a pair that came up locally and it was $1000 more than others were asking and I let them go. kinda wish I woulds ponied up. The Blades are good, but the music are still on my bucket list.

Last edited:

gleeds

Industry Expert
May 29, 2018
The Magic are exceptional speakers and a far too well kept secret in the high-end. Carmen good to see you on WBF my friend!

Reactions: Golum

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing