21 trillion dollars missing?

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Is this story a euphemism for the wife who can’t account for her husband’s profligate spending in this hobby?

RogerD

VIP/Donor
May 23, 2010
BiggestLittleCity
Rumsfeld's "matter of life and death" ...yes the Michigan study now puts the figure @ 23 Trillions and I wonder why there is a war going on in the USGov....White hats vs Black hats https://youtu.be/xU4GdHLUHwU

jazdoc

Member Sponsor
Aug 7, 2010
Bellevue
It's not 'lost', it's an 'investment'

RogerD

VIP/Donor
May 23, 2010
BiggestLittleCity
Where did all that money go?

Long periods of positive economic growth tend to hide embezzlement, that's what the economist JK Galbraith pointed out about the 1920's. This period in American history is much longer.
While US spending on internal infrastructure has stagnated mainly and the population has doubled over this time the debt has gone up exponentially. The private central banking model has always debased the currency. Andrew Jackson was the last President to throw the bankers out. Of course the scale of criminal activity here is unprecedented in American history.

RogerD

VIP/Donor
May 23, 2010
BiggestLittleCity
Toilet seats, hammers, etc...
Lol...I once knew a staff Sargent (purchasing)that falsified invoicing to keep his bar well stocked. A stint in Leavenworth was his reward.

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson

DaveC

Industry Expert
Nov 16, 2014
Lol...I once knew a staff Sargent (purchasing)that falsified invoicing to keep his bar well stocked. A stint in Leavenworth was his reward.

He wasn't thinking big enough to get away with it... ;)

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA

RogerD

VIP/Donor
May 23, 2010
BiggestLittleCity

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Bear in mind that your first link is RT.com, a propaganda organization operated by the Russian government.

The Russians have been quite busy over the past few years undermining public confidence in western democracies.

Food for thought.

I agree with your comment on the Russians. But I believe this article was written by Lee Jae Won of Reuters.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
I agree with your comment on the Russians. But I believe this article was written by Lee Jae Won of Reuters.

And the second article/link from Forbes was written by Laurence Kotlikoff (sounds Russian), a professor of economics at Boston University, a Fellow of the American Academy, a Research Associate of the NBER, and President of Economic Security Planning, Inc. -- a company that markets personal financial planning tools at maxifiplanner.com, maximizemysocialsecurity.com, analyzemydivorccesettlement.com, and economicsecurityplanning.com. Recent books: Get What's Yours -- The Secrets to Maxing Out Your Social Security Benefits (a NY Times Best Seller with Phil Moeller and Paul Solman), The Economic Consequences of the Vickers Commission, The Clash of Generations (with Scott Burns), Jimmy Stewart Is Dead, and Spend 'Til the End. Follow me on twitter @kotlikoff Circle me on Google+, check out kotlikoff.net, and ask me Social Security questions by clicking Ask Larry at the bottom of www.maximizemysocialsecurity.com.

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
Bear in mind that your first link is RT.com, a propaganda organization operated by the Russian government.

The Russians have been quite busy over the past few years undermining public confidence in western democracies.

Food for thought.

I personally am quite happy there is an alternative on this planet to the US " propaganda " news.

If certain agencies dont have an enemy they have no or less reason to exist , jobs /careers etc Money:p

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing