Odd Christmas request!

Hi-FiGuy

Member Sponsor
Feb 23, 2015
So I get a call from a relative asking for, believe it or not, a mixed cassette tape of 70's & 80's Rock for her 16 year old daughter.
Evidently her Audi has a cassette deck in it, didn't think the car was that old.
Anyhoobs, she evidently is digging the retroness :p of the cassette and the music of the time.

Who am I to disappoint, I will always do my best to introduce people to music of any kind, the future needs it.

So out of the moth balls comes the CT-F1250 and all the memories and struggles of making mixed tapes! The struggle was not nearly as real though since I was just clicking instead of spinning vinyl.
Only requirments, Skynyrd,Bon Jovi and AC/DC.

The set:
SIDE A
Track 1 Bon Jovi Blaze of Glory
Track 2 AC/DC You Shook Me All Night Long
Track 3 Lynyrd Skynyrd Sweet Home Alabama
Track 4 Bon Jovi Livin’ On a Prayer
Track 5 Ram Jam Black Betty
Track 6 Guns N Roses Welcome to the Jungle
Track 7 Whitesnake Here I Go Again on My Own
Track 8 AC/DC Thunderstruck
Track 9 Lynyrd Skynyrd Simple Man
Track 10 Bon Jovi Wanted Dead Or Alive

SIDE B
Track 1 AC/DC It’s a Long Way to the Top (If You Want to
Rock and Roll)
Track 2 Lynyrd Skynyrd Free Bird
Track 3 Bon Jovi You Give Love a Bad Name
Track 4 Poison Nothin' But A Good Time
Track 5 Def Leppard Pour Some Sugar On Me
Track 6 Mötley Crüe Home Sweet Home
Track 7 Bon Jovi It's My Life
Track 8 ACDC For Those About To Rock
Track 9 AC/DC Back In Black
Track 10 Lollipop (filler)

20171217_103734.jpg

20171217_103805.jpg

Last edited:

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Keeping it real.

Hi-FiGuy

Member Sponsor
Feb 23, 2015
My wife delivered the tape to the niece today and she was so excited she could hardly contain herself so it was worth it.
I had fun doing it, sitting there hitting pause at just the right time, setting the levels on every song and all that crap.
Great lesson on compression!

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
You're a good man Mike. I too used to make tape compilations for friends and family, with meticulous music love passion. ...And later on on CDs. Now I make love compilations, in writings.
Kids are great...from all ages.

morricab

Apr 25, 2014
Switzerland
So I get a call from a relative asking for, believe it or not, a mixed cassette tape of 70's & 80's Rock for her 16 year old daughter.
Evidently her Audi has a cassette deck in it, didn't think the car was that old.
Anyhoobs, she evidently is digging the retroness :p of the cassette and the music of the time.

Who am I to disappoint, I will always do my best to introduce people to music of any kind, the future needs it.

So out of the moth balls comes the CT-F1250 and all the memories and struggles of making mixed tapes! The struggle was not nearly as real though since I was just clicking instead of spinning vinyl.
Only requirments, Skynyrd,Bon Jovi and AC/DC.

The set:
SIDE A
Track 1 Bon Jovi Blaze of Glory
Track 2 AC/DC You Shook Me All Night Long
Track 3 Lynyrd Skynyrd Sweet Home Alabama
Track 4 Bon Jovi Livin’ On a Prayer
Track 5 Ram Jam Black Betty
Track 6 Guns N Roses Welcome to the Jungle
Track 7 Whitesnake Here I Go Again on My Own
Track 8 AC/DC Thunderstruck
Track 9 Lynyrd Skynyrd Simple Man
Track 10 Bon Jovi Wanted Dead Or Alive

SIDE B
Track 1 AC/DC It’s a Long Way to the Top (If You Want to
Rock and Roll)
Track 2 Lynyrd Skynyrd Free Bird
Track 3 Bon Jovi You Give Love a Bad Name
Track 4 Poison Nothin' But A Good Time
Track 5 Def Leppard Pour Some Sugar On Me
Track 6 Mötley Crüe Home Sweet Home
Track 7 Bon Jovi It's My Life
Track 8 ACDC For Those About To Rock
Track 9 AC/DC Back In Black
Track 10 Lollipop (filler)

View attachment 37813

View attachment 37814

Other than too much Bon Jovi (plus their best song IMO, Runaway, is missing) way cool!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing