Entreq Poseidon and magnetic suspension base

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
Hi Barry.
I was a little puzzled too!!!
But, I've thought that the piezo effect due to the minerals mix present into the boxes could be enhanced by the immersion into a magnetic field (in the worst case of very deep magnetic field).
However, running a simple test I didn't have any presence of magnetic field over the platform, or anyway so light that it must be measured with instruments.
So, I tried and the result is great.
Just one warning, it has to be avoid to install this kind of platform under a computer or any devices with disk or magnetic sensitive items.

Hi Paolo.
Thanks for that.
It would seem that the magnetic field from the footers has a very short range but powerful enough in that short range to support the component.

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
Mike, just install the Hardpoints footers on top of Relaxa platform. :eek:

:D

I could try that, but combining passive anti-vibration devices typically is not the recipe for success, unless engineered to work that way, or in one device.

I have limited sets of the Hardpoints. right now I use 4 sets of 4 Trinia's (under the 3 MSB boxes, and the Tripoint Elite) and one set of 4 Serene's (Tripoint Troy Sig). if I pull one set out then my overall sonic picture changes. and in my sonic food chain the Poseidon is down the list from those other uses. it's likely next worthy (considering also my Taiko (SGM) and Herzan (dart pre & NVS) units deployed).

so far after a day, i'd say that the 'overweight' Relaxa 1 under the Poseidon is close, if not quite up to the level, of the Wave Kinetics A10 U8's it replaced. would the latest Relaxa 530 sound significantly better? you would expect it to be some better.

I have 8 sets of A10 U8's in my system, and there is a good reason that the Relaxa 1 was previously sidelined. I try it from time to time in places, when I run short of A10 U8's, but the A10 U8's seem to do a better overall job. I have also compared the A10 U8's now to the Hardpoints in a number of places and that is a very significant consistent delta favoring the Hardpoints. a couple of levels better.

if/when I do acquire more Hardpoints I will try them under the Poseidon. that is probable. their floating/decoupling ability is quite amazing. and they bring an expressiveness, focus and nuance aspect to the music as well as tonal deepening, without any hardness or sterility.

Last edited:

caliaripaolo

May 9, 2012
Italia
I did not have much time to test, however last night I was able to listen some songs that I usually use to understand if the introduction of a new item has changed something.
I must start by saying that weeks ago I upgraded my Totaldac D1 dual to "Six" version, great and incredible upgrade.
I was used to a new sound message coming from the Six's upgrade, but now with both Poseidon's installed on 2 Relaxa 530 platforms, every parameter seems to be improved, and not by little. Increased Three-dimensionality, clear separation of the instruments and sense of "materialization" of the sound, even more palpable and real. However, as soon as I can I will try to return to my initial setting (without the two platforms) to have a reverse confirmation.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing