Tone Audio: Amp of the Year 2017: CJ ART 150 (Review)

LL21

Dec 26, 2010

DaveyF

Jul 31, 2010
La Jolla, Calif USA
Thanks Lloyd for posting this. I rarely have an opportunity to listen to the CJ gear, for some reason they do not seem to get much exposure here in the brick and mortars- and I don't know anybody who seems to keep their gear???

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Thanks Lloyd for posting this. I rarely have an opportunity to listen to the CJ gear, for some reason they do not seem to get much exposure here in the brick and mortars- and I don't know anybody who seems to keep their gear???

Hey DaveyF,

Sadly, one of my favorite dealers closed their doors after 30-40 years in MA...a big CJ dealer. Its where I bought all my CJ stuff for 20 years. Yes, it is hard to hear some of this stuff...

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Thanks - it is always great to see news from cj. The higher power KT150 allowed them to reduce the number of tubes to half, needing less drive, and accordingly they have now only two 6922 as small tubes - they return to their old preferred tubes!

I would love to listen to the ART300's - IMHO they should be the perfect amplifiers to anyone owning a GAT2!

speaking of which...you have switched your signature block back to CJ GAT? I think it is time for you to try the CJ GAT 2 and ART 300s!!!

vess

Nov 4, 2012
Sofia, Bulgaria
www.audio-bg.com
speaking of which...you have switched your signature block back to CJ GAT? I think it is time for you to try the CJ GAT 2 and ART 300s!!!

Hi, we just did that. simply stunning. Driving the Isis the right way. Perfect integration - top to bottom. You need to hear the low end to believe. And these are difficult speakers to drive.

Vess

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing