The US government’s recent UFO investigations

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
The New York Times is reporting on a recent secret program aimed at investigating unexplained phenomena. Worth reading In its entirety

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/12/16/us/politics/pentagon-program-ufo-harry-reid.html?action=click&module=Top%20Stories&pgtype=Homepage

The program collected video and audio recordings of reported U.F.O. incidents, including footage from a Navy F/A-18 Super Hornet showing an aircraft surrounded by some kind of glowing aura traveling at high speed and rotating as it moves. The Navy pilots can be heard trying to understand what they are seeing. “There’s a whole fleet of them,” one exclaims. Defense officials declined to release the location and date of the incident.

RogerD

VIP/Donor
May 23, 2010
BiggestLittleCity
Ha,22 million is like pissing in the ocean,when there are trillions of dollars that are unaccounted for since 2001. Reminds me of the Sci Fi classic "The Day the Earth stood still. The article mentions that people who have ties to the Spook agencies are involved and black money...sounds like a cover story to me.

RogerD

VIP/Donor
May 23, 2010
BiggestLittleCity
In the 1960's the SR-71 Blackbird was used by the US,the famous spy plane. God only knows what we have now.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Good point Roger; today we have a Navy in needs of navigation courses, and satellite spies high in space that can look everywhere. We have spy drones the size of flies, and I bet many things that are top secret, in the best interest of our planet and of the good people living on it.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
2 Navy Airmen and an Object That ‘Accelerated Like Nothing I’ve Ever Seen’ - The New York Times https://apple.news/A5_8DOmPBQdCFIFaAOJuVoQ

I think this is pretty darn interesting, coming as it did not from some drunk cow tipper in a cornfield but from two U.S. Navy pilots.

Who is our WBF expert on such a matter?

Do we have any aeronautical engineers here?

I don't think we have a military jet fighter pilot here, or someone from NASA, or from the aeronautics science department.

We do have astrotoy

RogerD

VIP/Donor
May 23, 2010
BiggestLittleCity
Yep...you have had to traveled around the desolate areas of Nevada over the years to appreciate these stories. Of course you have Area 51 outside of Beale AFB...top secret and highly classified. Harry Reid knows a lot more then he admits..rightly so.

ack

May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
2 Navy Airmen and an Object That ‘Accelerated Like Nothing I’ve Ever Seen’ - The New York Times https://apple.news/A5_8DOmPBQdCFIFaAOJuVoQ

I think this is pretty darn interesting, coming as it did not from some drunk cow tipper in a cornfield but from two U.S. Navy pilots.

Who is our WBF expert on such a matter?

Do we have any aeronautical engineers here?

Thanks for the link. I left the political aspect of the article out of my report for a reason and I am glad you focused on the essence

Pb Blimp

Oct 30, 2017
USA
I love this stuff. To my way of thinking, the limitations of the laws of physics and the vastness of space dictates that the probability of life outside of our solar system is virtually 1. At the same time the probability of that life finding and being capable of travel to our solar system is virtually 0. If such life possesses the extreme technological capability of traveling the distances required to reach our solar system it seems highly unlikely they would sneak around in fear of us. Their technical superiority would be beyond our comprehension.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
I love this stuff. To my way of thinking, the limitations of the laws of physics and the vastness of space dictates that the probability of life outside of our solar system is virtually 1. At the same time the probability of that life finding and being capable of travel to our solar system is virtually 0. If such life possesses the extreme technological capability of traveling the distances required to reach our solar system it seems highly unlikely they would sneak around in fear of us. Their technical superiority would be beyond our comprehension.

And the probability that they are coming in peace is virtually zero

BlueFox

Member Sponsor
Nov 8, 2013

Why would you say that? There is a universe full of planets to take and exploit if that is what you mean.

ack

May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
Why would you say that? There is a universe full of planets to take and exploit if that is what you mean.

We have the best audio cables, the envy of the uninerve

BlueFox

Member Sponsor
Nov 8, 2013
We have the best audio cables, the envy of the uninerve

Maybe. Then again they probably have the technology to create quantum cables that output the signal as soon as it enters the cable, with absolute zero distortion, and no bulky network boxes. :)

RogerD

VIP/Donor
May 23, 2010
BiggestLittleCity
Interesting,John Carpenter would disagree. If the shoe was on the other foot what would Earthlings do. Hopefully those so advanced scientifically would have learned from our struggles.

BlueFox

Member Sponsor
Nov 8, 2013
Interesting,John Carpenter would disagree. If the shoe was on the other foot what would Earthlings do. Hopefully those so advanced scientifically would have learned from our struggles.

Hopefully they would have learned from their own struggles. It just makes no sense to me why any technologically advanced civilization would bother to fight/conquer us. Then again, I am reading a SciFi book where an advanced civilization is trying to keep evolving civilizations from discovering advanced technologies that allows them to reach the singularity and transcend this universe. If true then we only have 25-50 years left. :)

BlueFox

Member Sponsor
Nov 8, 2013

Ronm1

Member Sponsor
Feb 21, 2011
wtOMitMutb NH
I lean more toward they would consider our audio way to primitive for there taste. They would beam back data that we spin platters and discs and continuously debate which is better while laughing hilariously st these carbon based life forms. Nanu Nanu

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing