The US government’s recent UFO investigations

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY
I love this stuff. To my way of thinking, the limitations of the laws of physics and the vastness of space dictates that the probability of life outside of our solar system is virtually 1. At the same time the probability of that life finding and being capable of travel to our solar system is virtually 0. If such life possesses the extreme technological capability of traveling the distances required to reach our solar system it seems highly unlikely they would sneak around in fear of us. Their technical superiority would be beyond our comprehension.

I agree completely. To any civilization capable of coming here, we would be so technologically and probably biologically inferior (especially with regard to brain power) that the difference would be similar to comparing humans with chimpanzees as a minimum. I envision two year old Zichron from planet Zicanios performing third semester integral calculus to entertain himself, giggling as he solved the equations. On the other hand, Zefrem Cochrane will invent warp drive in 2063 in Bozeman Montana, so it might not be that far off for us to get into interstellar and intergalactic space.

And the probability that they are coming in peace is virtually zero

If they were to come here it would be for one of two reasons: 1) because they wanted the planet and humans would just be an annoying sentient organism infesting the world that would be a slight impediment to their taking over or 2) they found us, recognized a civilization in danger of destroying itself and wanted to somehow help us. But to cite history, Columbus coming to the New World was bad for the Indians.

Coming back to reality, a UFO is an unidentified flying object. UNIDENTIFIED is the key word. Being unidentified does not mean it came from outer space.

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
If humans were just a pain standing in the way, they wouldnt wait for us to populate even more, including building more.

They know we are not ready for new tech. And they would probably know any bacteria we mutually have that the other does not, could be devasting for either side.

A big question is why are they only seen in rural areas, that are the most common for gov testing?

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
I agree completely. To any civilization capable of coming here, we would be so technologically and probably biologically inferior (especially with regard to brain power) that the difference would be similar to comparing humans with chimpanzees as a minimum. I envision two year old Zichron from planet Zicanios performing third semester integral calculus to entertain himself, giggling as he solved the equations. On the other hand, Zefrem Cochrane will invent warp drive in 2063 in Bozeman Montana, so it might not be that far off for us to get into interstellar and intergalactic space.

If they were to come here it would be for one of two reasons: 1) because they wanted the planet and humans would just be an annoying sentient organism infesting the world that would be a slight impediment to their taking over or 2) they found us, recognized a civilization in danger of destroying itself and wanted to somehow help us. But to cite history, Columbus coming to the New World was bad for the Indians.

Coming back to reality, a UFO is an unidentified flying object. UNIDENTIFIED is the key word. Being unidentified does not mean it came from outer space.

Gary, I like your down-to-earth living life in the real world. UFOs are indeed man-made, it's just that they keep them secrets, obviously.
And even if aliens would visit us, who the heck in their right mind would want to communicate with us...not a single alien.
And after they exterminate us all, they can do whatever they want with this planet. ...Use it as a golf ball and hit it hard with their sandwedge.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I guess in this country, very few people will actually believe that those plots in movies like Independence Day can actually be 'true'. Well, maybe I am one of the few, courtesy of my chats during the early years of a chat channel in MIRC. I became a regular of a religious channel and one of the ops in the US, when talking about aliens, told me that aliens are very real and are in fact inside the US government. He also told me to visit the site mufon.org which today doesn't exist anymore but I run a search and there is a site called mufon.com - mufon stands for mutual UFO network. I just finished watching 2 seasons of Stranger Things and I have to tell my kids that the scenario that government shelters aliens in some research facility is not strange to me. The NYT article is indeed intriguing.

BlueFox

Member Sponsor
Nov 8, 2013
They know we are not ready for new tech. And they would probably know any bacteria we mutually have that the other does not, could be devasting for either side.

I would expect alien medical technology to be as advanced as their space flight technology. Most likely, they have conquered the disease of death, and can self repair any body injuries. Assuming they haven't moved onto artificial bodies.

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
I would expect alien medical technology to be as advanced as their space flight technology. Most likely, they have conquered the disease of death, and can self repair any body injuries. Assuming they haven't moved onto artificial bodies.

Maybe. Interstellar travel is probably easier. And HOW they may have conquered a lot of medical hurdles could be the use of bacteria that could be bad for our planet. They could also be morally object to immortality.

RogerD

VIP/Donor
May 23, 2010
BiggestLittleCity
This so called "Black money" which has funded covert operations around the world and secret operations runs into billions of dollars. In 2001 DOD Rumsfeld held a news conference on 9/10/2001 and put a number of 2.3 trillion unaccounted for. Estimates go as high as 6+ trillions. Now the Pentagon is undergoing it's first audit in history. The 22 million figure certainly lowers the public perception.

Hi-FiGuy

Member Sponsor
Feb 23, 2015
I know what I saw one warm summer night in Southern California with crystal clear skies, sitting in my buddies room with a bunch of other young adults doing young adult things :cool: ...
I happened to be the only one facing the open window and when I saw it I freaked everyone out as I came flying across the room to see the object move across the sky, but it was to late it was to fast.
I know what I saw, I have never in my life seen something that wasn't there, but there was no reports in the news of anyone seeing anything on that night with completely unobstructed skies.
My biggest issue was that I was never able to put it to scale, it was either something small and very close to the house or something very big off in the distance, but as God as my witness, I am here to tell you I saw it and I have never seen anything like it since and I have never seen anything fly with that kind of speed and accuracy, ever.
This would have been 1978-1980 ish.
So I dont know what to believe.
Also didnt believe much in the Supernatural until a couple recent experiences a couple years age that shook me to the core.
All i know is when I am gone I am going to come back and mess with some folks, but in a good way, maybe!

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
I'm no expert psychologist and no astro physicist and I work for nobody, but I do have an opinion as a simple observer/listener, and to me he is highly evasive with his eyes and words and moves.

http://edition.cnn.com/videos/polit...ram-purpose-other-life-not-alone-sot-ebof.cnn

Is it kind of coincidental the release of UFO files from the US government just before Santa flies in the North sky to deliver presents to the good kids? ...Just a thought that could be easily expanded... :b

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
He looked and sounded professional and serious to me. It looked to me like the pilot was in maybe a local TV station room or something. In any event he was not in the same room as the interviewer.

I had the opportunity to experience this only once but if someone is not used to the set-up -- and I doubt the pilot has a lot of on-air interview experience -- it is a bit odd to be in a studio by yourself and hear the interviewer on an earphone and then respond by looking into the camera, while watching the interviewer on a monitor.

I personally find a professional, experienced military pilot whose aircraft equipment contemporaneously recorded the event, and whose report is corroborated by other pilots, to be much more authoritative and believable than the report of someone in a cornfield who reports seeing a strange-moving light or whatever.
I believe him.

Pb Blimp

Oct 30, 2017
USA

astrotoy

VIP/Donor
May 24, 2010
SF Bay Area
There are lots of secret military devices that even other military don't know about. They often have advanced technologies - like the stealth aircraft which are essentially invisible to radar. Many UFO sighting were of military rockets or aircraft that the military would deny having any activity in the area. The famous Roswell incident was one such early military balloon back in the late '40's.

What I would be extremely skeptical of is anyone, including experienced pilots, stating that the object appeared to violate the laws of physics! Remember Einstein first published his special theory of relativity (dealing with objects travelling near the speed of light) only a short time after the Wright Bros flew a few hundred feet at Kittyhawk. Arthur C. Clark said that a sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic. Back when I was a student, we used photographic emulsions to capture very faint objects. Kodak had developed them for extremely low light cameras for the military and then when they were declassified, let astronomers use them. Someone told me at the time that if they had access to new emulsions (like those that took pictures of the missiles in Cuba in the early '60's, we could have much better photographs than what we could then have. Same with optical systems.

Larry

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
I believe him.

Oh I believe him too, but he knows that what he saw he cannot explain either.
That's what I meant by being evasive, as no one can explain and hard to understand.

It makes for different kind of entertainment news, but for me I'd rather read about the United Nations and serious stuff.

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
It is reasonably to assume the military would have interest in being able to have high speed missiles that appear to turn 90* on a dime. What better way to confuse those monitoring and that may or may not have missile defense?

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing