The Post | Official Trailer [HD] | 20th Century FOX

Ronm1

Member Sponsor
Feb 21, 2011
wtOMitMutb NH
IMHO, not really, just certain films didn't meet expectations.
We know the outcome here so it will be interesting how the suspense is generated.
For some strange reason the trailer reminds me of the 'Parallax View' not 'All the Presidents Men'

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan
Just returned from seeing "The Post". Good cast and a compelling story. It was a very good movie but with a bit more depth it could have been excellent. You will recognize many of the supporting cast who are all fine actors. It was very cool that they actually used some of Nixon's tapes from this phone calls regarding the topic.

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
I saw The Post today and enjoyed the movie as well. Having lived through those times it did bring back some difficult memories.....and demonstrated some uncomfortable parallels to our current times as well.

One thing I was not aware of was that the Washington Post was going public at the same time the Pentagon Papers publication took place. I also did not know that Katherine Graham was close personal friends with Robert McNamara or that Ben Bradlee and JFK were buddies.

I was coming up on draft eligibility and entering college in 1971 so it hit very close to home in that regard as well. College deferrals were a thing of the past and the draft lottery was in place.

Spielberg is a master of his craft so there were many interesting touches. I particularly enjoyed seeing the old newspaper publishing methods and equipment - Linotype machines, the huge printing presses. My father was a printer so I had some familiarity with those processes, too.

Oh, and thank goodness for mobile phones. There were a lot of public telephones in the movie. I remember hunting for pay phones on business trips way back when, too.

jazdoc

Member Sponsor
Aug 7, 2010
Bellevue
I saw The Post today and enjoyed the movie as well. Having lived through those times it did bring back some difficult memories.....and demonstrated some uncomfortable parallels to our current times as well.

One thing I was not aware of was that the Washington Post was going public at the same time the Pentagon Papers publication took place. I also did not know that Katherine Graham was close personal friends with Robert McNamara or that Ben Bradlee and JFK were buddies.

I was coming up on draft eligibility and entering college in 1971 so it hit very close to home in that regard as well. College deferrals were a thing of the past and the draft lottery was in place.

Spielberg is a master of his craft so there were many interesting touches. I particularly enjoyed seeing the old newspaper publishing methods and equipment - Linotype machines, the huge printing presses. My father was a printer so I had some familiarity with those processes, too.

Oh, and thank goodness for mobile phones. There were a lot of public telephones in the movie. I remember hunting for pay phones on business trips way back when, too.

The movie was pretty good; not great. In some ways, a better movie than the hagiography of All The President's Men. A reminder that while the technology improves, human character unchanging.

Ben Bradlee liked JFK so much that it didn't bother him when JFK hit on his wife.

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
It was really done quiet well. But my attachment to it is basically nothing. I wouldnt recommend the movie to someone, because I dont expect them to care anymore than I do.

My biggest thought in it is the immense shame news companies should feel today...

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing