Metro DC

Attachments

• yhst-8476489043850&#.jpg
    yhst-8476489043850&#.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 217

Orb

Sep 8, 2010
But, but, but... I thought that's what cables were for! :D

It's a joke, folk -- Don (duckin' and runnin')

Joke!!!
You should know there is no humour amongst audiophiles!!!!!!!
:)

On topic, I love my high end cables and hate them due to IMO that one set of cables is not universal and "performance" can change system to system.
Thats my experience anyway.

One link provided earlier or I read somewhere was interesting about directionality of cables, and that it is possible the noise floor is affected due to the shielding-termination, this is something I have experienced myself.
However to be clear we are not talking night and day differences, but annoying and even more annoying if sensitive to noise floor :)

Cheers
Orb

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
(...) On topic, I love my high end cables and hate them due to IMO that one set of cables is not universal and "performance" can change system to system.
Thats my experience anyway.

Orb,
I also feel the same - specially with some Transparent cables that should be tuned to tubes or solid state electronics for best performance . BTW, should not we move this subject to a new thread about cable specificity?:eek:

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Cables do make a difference in our systems. I posted on another thread tonight that after I had torn down my system in order to move in the Krell KSA-250 only to find that it was broken, I tried to move in just one PL 400 Series 2 amp and slum with it until the KSA was fixed. I was using Cardas Crosslink cables to go from the KBL to one PL amp. I ended up pulling out the second PL amp and running them as monoblocks (meaning using just one channel from each amp) and hooking up my 10' pair of MIT S2.3 cables with the impedance boxes. It sounded much better.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Dsconnecting and reconnecting cables often results in an improvement.

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Dsconnecting and reconnecting cables often results in an improvement.

Yeah, but remember I just hooked up the amp and hooked up the cables to it and I wasn't happy. This wasn't a case of the wiping action cleaning the connector and making things sound better. If that was true, the first pair of cables would have done that.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Yeah, but remember I just hooked up the amp and hooked up the cables to it and I wasn't happy. This wasn't a case of the wiping action cleaning the connector and making things sound better. If that was true, the first pair of cables would have done that.

makes sense...maybe the second times the charm.:)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing