LA Audio Show 2018-GREAT NEWS

bazelio

Sep 26, 2016
California
Whew. That email was a doozy. Is THE Show worth flying down to attend one weekend earlier? They don't seem to have an exhibitor list available. I shoulda gone to AXPONA....

asiufy

Industry Expert/VIP Donor
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
I don't know about an exhibitor list. I'm going to be there :)
We'll have YG Acoustics XV Jr. with D'Agostino, and a Technics SP-10/SL-1000R. Aqua Formula xHD will do the digital honors, and we're trying to get the Innuos Statement to come down as well.
These speakers won many best of shows at Axpona just recently, and we hope we can put on a good showing as well, albeit with different electronics/sources.

cheers,
alex

Believe High Fidelity

[Industry Expert]
Nov 19, 2015
Hutto TX
ibelieveinhifi.com
From having the McIntosh Clinic + the 1 mil system Fremer was setting up and a large majority of exhibitors it was clear THE Show was slated to be cancelled yet again. Only this time Marine had what I would call one of the worst circumstances that could happen to anyone, plus all of her partners had family or health complications. So rather than fight the good fight she threw in the towel. Maybe THE Show paid her to bow out...who knows for sure?

THE Show is only releasing exhibitors weekly because they didn't have enough booked and choosing their dates a week out from LAAS was pure BS. I am so bummed out now that I can never really do a show in CA ever again after this cluster.

DaveyF

Jul 31, 2010
La Jolla, Calif USA
This is really odd!! I had just bought my tickets for the LAAS show and was given an immediate email with confirmation.
These show folks really need to get their act in gear!!
I hope I can get my $$ back from LAAS.

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Weirdest email ever. . . . What a mess.

+1

It is only one of many audio shows! From Marine’s e-mail one would think that at this very moment lives are hanging in the balance.

I’ll be very curious to read Bob Levi’s email!

I have been assuming that T.H.E. Show is a non-starter.

DaveyF

Jul 31, 2010
La Jolla, Calif USA
+1

It is only one of many audio shows! From Marine’s e-mail one would think that at this very moment lives are hanging in the balance.

I’ll be very curious to read Bob Levi’s email!

I have been assuming that T.H.E. Show is a non-starter.

So weird. It looked like they had a very organized show and with a large number of exhibitor's. In addition, their web page was well done and comprehensive as to the rooms, show hours, ticket prices, hotel accommodations and more.
In fact their web page is still up: https://www.laaudioshow.com

Like you say, i will be more than interested to see what Bob Levi has to say.
Reading Marine's post to the industry, I would question what she is doing in this business in the first place!! So weird!!:confused:

Hi-FiGuy

Member Sponsor
Feb 23, 2015
I wish Marine a speedy recovery in whatever life experiences she has endured, obviously it was heavy beyond compare.
In the end I beleive it was inevitable one had to give.
I have my own personal opinions on the situation overall and have talked about that enough and await Bobs public acknowledgement

DaveyF

Jul 31, 2010
La Jolla, Calif USA

No, the LAAS was an excellent show and well attended the first few times. No reason that a well organized show with the backing of the LA group could not be a future success. The key being organization and someone at the helm with the necessary experience. IMHO.

Hi-FiGuy

Member Sponsor
Feb 23, 2015
I get that completely, the situation in general seemed to cause too much dissension in the local area.
Recovery mode now.

miniguy

Dec 18, 2013
San Diego area

No, the LAAS was an excellent show and well attended the first few times. No reason that a well organized show with the backing of the LA group could not be a future success. The key being organization and someone at the helm with the necessary experience. IMHO.

“... the first few times”?
Wasn’t last year the first one after the split with THE Show? And I think it was neither well organized nor well attended.

jeff1225

Jan 29, 2012
I really enjoyed the email. It was like a a politician's speech when resigning over a scandal: "Admit mistake, bring random inspiration quote, talk about Jesus."

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
I really enjoyed the email. It was like a a politician's speech when resigning over a scandal: "Admit mistake, bring random inspiration quote, talk about Jesus."

Hahaha!

DaveyF

Jul 31, 2010
La Jolla, Calif USA
“... the first few times”?
Wasn’t last year the first one after the split with THE Show? And I think it was neither well organized nor well attended.

Yes, but I believe the LAOCAS has been involved for several years...and it seemed to me to be a very successful show up until maybe last year. However, even though the show last year wasn’t a huge success, I certainly didn’t feel that it deserved to be terminated.
Right now, I am certainly hoping that THE show will be on,and that it will be as great as the one’s that I attended before. Nonetheless, not sure when to buy a ticket...after the LAAS show cancels and fails to give me...a ticket holder, any notice. ( I have to find out on the forums...pretty weak, imo).

c1ferrari

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 15, 2010
[FONT=palatino\ linotype]I haven't seen an exhibitor list, yet, for T.H.E. Show, either. :confused:[/FONT]

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing