LA Audio Show 2018-GREAT NEWS

Hi-FiGuy

Member Sponsor
Feb 23, 2015
June 8-10, 2018 | hilton irvine hotel | irvine, california

17800 + 18800 MacArthur Blvd

Irvine, California 92612

Got an email i wanted to share but i think i deleted it.
It would seem that cooler heads prevailed and its kind of back to one big happy family again.

Last edited:

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
I booked my hotel reservation!

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA
well not exactly...T.H.E. Show is the weekend before in Irvine. So two shows in one week - I'm sure that will be great for attendance!

Leif S

Industry Expert
Feb 13, 2015
California
www.vonschweikert.com
I will be very surprised if "The Show" doesn't cancel again this year.

Hi-FiGuy

Member Sponsor
Feb 23, 2015
Am I looking at this wrong, or does this seem to be a case of adults behaving mischievously?
Here I had hope that fences were mended only to find out quite the opposite has occurred.
This did not happen on accident, or so it would seem.
Its a shame and in the end I believe is not good for the industry and the local scene.
Looking for some insight and opinion.
What is the motivation for this to continue in such a small community?

I am not trying to start anything negative, I am taking more of a Northstar harmony approach here. Last year I was pretty negative about the situation.
This year I am saddened by the dates at either end of the same week, it makes no logical sense and obviously one or the other will cancel.
Don't know many vendors that would spend that kind of money twice in a week to have two shows a couple miles apart.

If anyone has input they don't want to share publicly, PM me please, the whole thing is silly.

Last edited:

bazelio

Sep 26, 2016
California
I also just booked my hotel reservation. The Hilton was already sold out. Nevertheless, looking forward to it!

Sharp 1080

Apr 20, 2010
Dallas,Texas
I'm confused as to which event will actually happen? I'll just wait and see which weekend to attend. This will occur when adults are having a micturating contest.

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA
Well, fellas. LAAS has been cancelled.

Weirdest email ever. I feel bad for those who had booked flights, etc. What a mess.

asiufy

Industry Expert/VIP Donor
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
Don't cancel, change the dates for a week before and come to THE Show.

https://thehomeentertainmentshow.com

We're going to be there.
A small(er) show for sure, but the venue is pretty nice.

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
for me, the week prior on Saturday June 2nd I'm committed to having my own audio show in my barn; my local audio club is visiting with 35 people for their monthly meeting. so i'm tied up that weekend.

the meeting starts at 1:30pm and could go late. I only have one room; but do have a few nice amps, and all the formats covered at high levels.

so my audio show <-> hifi community itch will get scratched.

I do wish T.H.E. Show all the best and hope that some sort of LAAS does survive this (doubtful). as of right now for me it's AXPONA next year, and LA is off my radar. after the less than stellar LA Airport show last year, and now this......

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing