Accustic art drive

jasbirnandra

Apr 3, 2012
Recently purchased the reference transport from the subject company on installation the transport sounded good after a few hours it seems as if the sound has closed in what could the reason be.

paul79

Nov 2, 2014
OK, USA
www.manymoonsaudio.com
I assume you have used this input of your DAC before with good results?

I don't know how much time you have given it, but you might give it a couple days and see if it gets better.

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
Recently purchased the reference transport from the subject company on installation the transport sounded good after a few hours it seems as if the sound has closed in what could the reason be.

The burn-in process takes a few days, please keep it turned on all the time and playing music for at least 7-8 hours per day.

Also, have you tested the effect of the mains filter & polarity functions at its back?

awsmone

Apr 6, 2014
Canberra Australia
Burn in can be heartbreaking ...

Also my experience of high end transports is they can be very influenced by power cords

You might have to try a few

Your CD drive is based on the Philips cdpro transport

My experience is this is a very rich musical sound,and emphasises on the midbass

You may need to adjust your system balance to get the best from it, such as moving your speakers to decrease midbass, and increase presence region

Not sure what your speakers and cabling are?

Having an active system, I have learnt when you change something, you need to readjust the balance, and just leaving everything the same as before doesn’t get the best out of a given product....I think a common error

Good luck

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing