For Sale Ayon CD5s

gammajo

Oct 28, 2013
NC
www.SyncCreation.com
The Ayon CD5s $4,500 - combines excellent transport and DAC with terrific Class A preamp with analogue volume control. This 40 pound billet aluminum unit with very high quality caps, tube rectified power supply and 6H30 output tubes, produces liquid, highly nuanced and dynamic music, without the need for separate DAC and preamp and the attending power cords and interconnects. I personally have felt it is better, as in more like real music, than the top line units of other manufacturers. I am trading up in the same line to the Ayon CD 35SE ($12,500) or the CD 35HF ($22,000) to keep the same sound which I love, and the simplicity of the one box design.
The unit is ready for all computer audio via asynchronous USB and other inputs. There are ample analogue inputs for phono or DVD player etc. All sections can be bypassed so you can use your own DAC or Preamp if so desired. Tube rolling to NOS Russian Reflectors outstanding. The CD5s retailed for $12,500 and has just been retubed and inspected by USA Tube Audio. Perfect mechanically.

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing