Best Films of 2017

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Plus, out of the 50 great (best) films presented here, you now have the chance to watch the ones you missed. By simply buying them on Blu-ray or check if some are available on Netflix, or just rent them. We're all different when it comes to our entertainment @ home and outside of it. ...With our flicks and the formats we like. ...Same with music.

By the way, speaking of music, don't forget to wear your headphones while watching those two videos above. The experience is much rewarding. Or, you can watch them on your home theater audio/video system with Dolby elevated sensation...DSP THX movie theater recreation. ...Just push the right button on your remote, ...the green/blue/turquoise/aquamarine one.

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan
I have seen three and am waiting for The Phantom Thread I had no desire to see Get Out and have not heard of the others.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Here’s The NY Times list of 10 best in 2017

How many have you seen let alone heard of

https://www.google.com/amp/s/mobile.nytimes.com/2017/12/06/movies/best-movies.amp.html

I have no clue, I cannot access The New York Times, unless I subscribe.

The best films of 2017, worldwide, vary widely from one source of film critics to another.

P.S. If someone could simply type those ten movie titles from TNYT, list of ten best in 2017, I would greatly appreciate.

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
Dunkirk ought to win; I have not seen most on the NYC list. And if Wonder Woman wins anything, I am moving to Mars, or switching to tubes

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
From what I can read so far:

- The Phantom Thread
- Get Out
- Dunkirk
- Wonder Woman

Out of those four I saw two; 'Get Out' and 'Wonder Woman'.
If this is part of the ten best 2017 films from The New York Times, I'm glad I don't subscribe.

But anyway, in that first video I posted above I did not see 'Wind River'.
It's ok though, I'm sure I didn't see all the top best 300 films of the year 2017.
...And 25 Best @ best. The video is well done, great film clips, good editing, and good music.
And that, was the reason I started this thread by posting it, plus the extra...last year's montage by the same author.

I'm wide open; shoot your best 2017 films anytime you like.
We all love movies; there are no boundaries to love of movies.
And what movies we love is not always what movies others love...vice versa.

I was reading an article the other day, about films, and the comment below, from love to war.
People agreeing on the love of the same film were in sync, people disagreeing were viewed as aliens from another galaxy. What can you do; play with bitcoin or watch the screen from your Tesla dashboard? :b

We're funny, humans, in search of our ultimate identity...

Films that were made in Japan, France, Italy, Africa, Bolivia, Iceland, Ireland, Kathmandu, Senegal, Argentina, Mozambique, Zanzibar, Cuba, Austria, Australia, ...all over the world in the year 2017, and the best of them; I bet I saw less than 0.0001%

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing